6 Wk Cochin Pullet?

ChickenFox

Crowing
7 Years
Mar 5, 2013
West Virginia
So I bought 1 blue Cochin Pullet from Meyers 6 weeks ago. Please tell me my beautiful blue fluffy butt isn't a Roo. That red and the wattles are really starting to worry me. I'll have to sell "her" if its a boy and it's my only cochin.

And for those wondering no I do not keep her in that tiny cage. Hubby wasn't home at the moment so I put her in there to get a good picture.

Mountain Peeps

Jesus is my life
Premium member
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Colorado
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! I've never raised cochins before. I'm leaning slightly towards roo but I'm defiantly not sure yet. Keep us posted! I also posted pics of one of my five week old chicks. I'm worried she might be a he too! You can let me know what you think. (It's labeled as Boy or Girl?? in my profile.)

~Sarah

ChickenFox

Crowing
7 Years
Mar 5, 2013
West Virginia
Hi! I've never raised cochins before. I'm leaning slightly towards roo but I'm defiantly not sure yet. Keep us posted! I also posted pics of one of my five week old chicks. I'm worried she might be a he too! You can let me know what you think. (It's labeled as Boy or Girl?? in my profile.)

~Sarah
Hmmm the little wattles developing on yours make me think Roo but I'm not sure either. lol I had a SLW who got the start of wattles at 4 weeks but she lays me a beautiful cream egg every other day now. :) These guys/gals def keep us guessing!

Mountain Peeps

Jesus is my life
Premium member
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Colorado
My Coop
My Coop
Hmmm the little wattles developing on yours make me think Roo but I'm not sure either. lol I had a SLW who got the start of wattles at 4 weeks but she lays me a beautiful cream egg every other day now. :) These guys/gals def keep us guessing!
Oh yes they do!
Well I hope you's turns out to be a pullet as much as I hope mine does!!

ChickenFox

Crowing
7 Years
Mar 5, 2013
West Virginia
Well it was Miss Fluffy Pantaloons but guess I might have to change it to Mr. instead. I call her Fluffy Pants for short. lol

Wyandottes7

Crowing
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
I'm leaning towards rooster, but the body shape seems to be hen-like, so I'm not sure. I'd post some more photos in a few weeks. I've had a bird (not a Cochin-- a Wyandotte) look 100% like a cockerel at 3-4 weeks old (bright red comb, annoying temperament, very bold), but turned out to be a pullet. So, there's still hope that "it" is a pullet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom