6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Our first chick is out!!!!!!
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

This is the one I have been fretting about that pipped on the wrong end of the middle. Started to unzip around 11am, took around 30-40 minutes...did it all by himself. I'm glad I held off on helping.

Now he is just drying in the incubator. Running laps around my mini. Toppled over the one egg I had in a carton and hugging both eggs that are with him. Peeping up a storm. I don't any of the peeping is coming from the other eggs yet.

Here is a photo...looks like a blue!!!

Thank You to EVERYONE who held my hand and tolerated all my questions and panic on our first hatch!!!

(I don't think the questions and hand holding is done yet though, as I got two more eggs...)

I'm still learning to use this board. First time I have ever done anything like this. Has the first hatch been determined? I had one at 12:15 and tried to upload the picture but guess there was too much traffic online. I finally gave up and went to bed.

I'm done with my hatch. Have 5 new babies added to the brooder. Wow, A lot bigger than the sizzles, and even the EE's. These eggs had a hard trip to home. The box didn't look good at all..one was broken upon opening. Here's a photo of the box, so, I am excited to have had 5 make it out of 12.

Definitely not as bad as some I've gotten, but it really makes a difference in hatching results when they are handled so rough. Not making excuses..I think a few of us know.

Okay guys. This should be my LAST question for this hatch, mostly because I'm down to my last egg.
lau.gif

I have accounted for all unhatched eggs. I'm left with ONE BLRW egg that wiggles on water candle. I had already planned to give this hatch until sunday to wrap up, so if I leave it til then what about all the mess from the others?? Should I leave it? Or will it be okay to strain temp/humidity long enough to tidy up

If there is no pip in the egg, you can clean some stuff up. Don't bleach it or etc.

Just
caf.gif
on the ones due to hatch Saturday.

Solo (the only one out of 24 on-time set eggs to hatch) has got a set of lungs! No doubt the late eggs can hear the encouragement (or the panic)

Keep those darling chick pix coming!

I'm still learning to use this board. First time I have ever done anything like this. Has the first hatch been determined? I had one at 12:15 and tried to upload the picture but guess there was too much traffic online. I finally gave up and went to bed.

The closest so far is 12:06.

You were very close!

Back
Top Bottom