6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Oh good!! Cause when i smelt it i wanted to puke...

Next time try a few drops of Oxine in the water. You will be amazed how it kills the bacteria and keeps the smell down. Oxine is great! Look up "The Many Uses of Oxine" online.
smile.png

I left it as long as I could but no matter how much or how hard it tried it didn't seem to be able to make anymore progress. So I started to help free his head for him to see if that would give him the strength he needed but it was quickly apparent that he was stuck to the membrane in a few places. He had pipped more than 24 hours ago and it looks like he started to dry in a few places and was glued in place. He has some navel danglies like the ones that hatched on their own did but I put him in a teacup to dry off just in case

It's so hard waiting... no piping .... today is day 21....
pop.gif
what is water candling all about? or floating the eggs?(to see if they are alive?) is it safe to do to the egg?
my eggs(mint green) were hard to candle, but i could see they were fertile and developing at day 18. I know i just need to be patient.
hu.gif
i just hope i did everything right.

It's so hard waiting... no piping .... today is day 21....
pop.gif
what is water candling all about? or floating the eggs?(to see if they are alive?) is it safe to do to the egg?
my eggs(mint green) were hard to candle, but i could see they were fertile and developing at day 18. I know i just need to be patient.
hu.gif
i just hope i did everything right.

Float testing is fine it there are not pips. I would wait until late on day 22 though.

Two more Australorps are out and I may have a pip on one of the three eggs remaining!

Four so far.

The Trader Joes eggs are sitting pretty but day 21 is not until tomorrow.

UPDATE!! We heard some cheeping!! So we should have at least one hatch -fingers crossed for two, don't need a lonely chick- Congrats to all who have chicks!!

Back
Top Bottom