6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

what kind of things does flock health affect in hatching eggs?

1. fertility
2. Blastoderm withough embryo: h- inbreeding; i- breeder flock disease; m- drugs, toxins, pesticides
3. blood ring: i. inbreeding; j; nutritional deficiencies
4. Dead embryos day 3-4: d. vitamin deficiencies
5. Dead embryos day 7-17: c. nutritional deficiencies

Just about all of the problems in incubation can be caused by flock health. I just listed 5 of them. It is very important.

what is breeder flock diseaase?

It can be respiratory disease, worms and other parasites and etc.

that reminds me I wanted to mention to the lady I got the orpington eggs from that they were cnadled rather pouriously which think was a nutrition problem or something
Yes, but worms, mites and cocci can also cause eggs to be messed up.

It can be respiratory disease, worms and other parasites and etc.

Yes, but worms, mites and cocci can also cause eggs to be messed up.
thumbsup.gif
mmmm ok thanks.....

ok so flock disease is overall possible things wrong not a specific disease called that?

Amberjem,

Yes. What it is is a flock infection/infestation, not Flock Disease.

Shipped eggs are compromised enough with the USPS handling that the poor little eggies don't need to be weakened from the inside also. It is desirable that egg sellers send the best possible product out, which means having very healthy parent stock that make optimal eggs with good shells and healthy yolks.

= = = = = =

Anybody seen Ron lately?

Amberjem,

Yes. What it is is a flock infection/infestation, not Flock Disease.

Shipped eggs are compromised enough with the USPS handling that the poor little eggies don't need to be weakened from the inside also. It is desirable that egg sellers send the best possible product out, which means having very healthy parent stock that make optimal eggs with good shells and healthy yolks.

= = = = = =

Anybody seen Ron lately?
gotcha thanks so much for clarifying :) nope

Mine are feisty too. They think my fingers must be tasty!

They are two weeks old and already sleep outside of the heater plate. I have the one from Premier now with the cover. It is the small one but it works fine for 21 chicks. I will be moving them to the Garage brooder this weekend. I need to move three Cream Legbars out to the layer pen and process the last cockerel.

It will be nice getting the little ones out of my bedroom!

I will get pictures of them when I move them.

Back
Top Bottom