7.5 weeks old maybe Wyandotte? Gender?

I think it's a pullet. The comb just isn't developed enough at that age to be a roo, I think. I'm definately no expert though.

I can't believe how similar your boy is to my mystery chick! If it does end up being a boy I will not be surprised...I need to research the pink comb thing...hatchery chicks are def. a bit odd I guess...that's why they advertise they are not show quality! Oh well, he or she has tugged on my heart strings and is my little shadow in the yard
love.gif

Still not convinced it's a girl-BUT, hatchery birds are alot harder to tell.The face says pullet, but I'm not liking those wing patches of white or the different lacing in the feathers in the "saddle area". Here our 2 of our young birds. Pullet on left, cockeral on right(he has the white "shields" on his shoulders). You can also see, he has a pink comb, while hers is black.

sorry to necro this thread but i wanna know wat happened. Tho I kinda thinking I have a boy :(.

I say pullet. There is not enough white in the saddle area to be a roo. I have an 8 week old roo at home. He has way more whit in his saddle. His comb is extremely red, and he is slow to feather.

Back
Top Bottom