7 Biddies' Street

That's not a novel KDOGG! lol Never feel bad about taking care of your mental health. I have PTSD, terriby anxiety with panic attacks and depression. Thanks Army and family disposition to it! I tried for many years to ignore or cover it up and the hard times that resulted for that are time I'll never get back and a tough lesson learned.

Sorry! School, technically. But there was an over the top concert. And my dad was mixing it. And we brought my mom and my sister. A bunch of hippies or something that obviously didn't even go there were rocking out to it too. Electronic violin or something? It was weird.

Well, small school districts are weird.

Tell me about it. It's interesting when you graduate about 50 kids per year. The parents used to wander through the buildings at all hours and became distraught when the school put in security measures. They could no longer come in through the back door, seeking free medical treatment from the school nurse. And, the kids whose parents drop them off at 6:30 -7:00 a.m. now have to wait on the front steps until the secretary comes in to unlock the doors. When I first got here, they would load all the kids on the buses and take them to the funerals of the locals ... during school hours ... like it was a field trip ... because everyone was usually related to the dearly departed. I had quite a case of culture shock for a while.

That's not a novel KDOGG! lol Never feel bad about taking care of your mental health. I have PTSD, terriby anxiety with panic attacks and depression. Thanks Army and family disposition to it! I tried for many years to ignore or cover it up and the hard times that resulted for that are time I'll never get back and a tough lesson learned.

As long as you're doing ok now. You are, aren't you?

Yeah, first time I slipped on the side of a wet mountainside. Second time I slipped at the top of the stairs and went a@@ over tea kettle, as the Brits say, all the way down, landing in a heap at the bottom. I refused to consider that I may have broken my second ankle, so walked on it for 7 hours before calling the ambulance. Once, I fell off a raised garden bed on the side of the mountain, landing on some rocks. All I was concerned about was that my cell phone was ok. When I came back on the line, my BFF on the other end said, "I just heard the weirdest sound". Meanwhile, ten days later, my side still hurt, so I went to the local ER. X-rays showed 2-3 broken ribs. The doctor yelled, "Ten days!!! Didn't it hurt???". "Yes, it hurt", said I, "That's why I finally came in". He called me a "tough old bird", so I told him to watch who he's calling "old". Turns out statin drugs weaken your quads, resulting in falls. Prilosec causes brittle bones. Statins + Prilosec = hospital stays. Lesson = Avoid those drugs.

Last edited:
Oh yes. Much better! The correct therapist and medication works wonders. I hate pharmaceuticals, but some times you just have to cry "uncle" and do it. The up side is that I can kill two birds with one stone on that front. I developed fibromyalgia which can be pretty debilitating at times. My single med takes care of the pain, but unfortunately not the weakness and fatigue when that hits. But, it also handles the depression and anxiety. Living in the country helps immensely too!

I'm honestly really excited about getting a therapist. I get really bad anxiety over shots to the point that the last two times I wasn't able to get it- and that was after the doctor medicated me. (I had an incident in first grade. It was bad.) Also, my doctor is recommending the therapist with my gender dysphoria in mind, (without my parents knowing that, they think it is just the shots) and I'm really glad about that. Though, medication for that would cost probably at least $7000, so I'll just have to hold tight for now.

Yikes! 7Gs is a chunk of money!
Therapy helps so much. You get to sort things out with an impartial and non-judgmental person. Mine had homework for me nearly every appointment.

Yeah, I reeeaaaaallly don't have money to transition, and even better I would have to give myself...shots... which is why I'm going to go to therapy in the first place.

(Just a little explanation here, I'm a transgender boy, which means I have a female body but feel like I am actually a guy. It causes a lot of what we call medically "gender dysphoria," which is the feeling of being stuck in the wrong body. Not fun.)

We have a transgender man who substitute teaches in our school district. It took the students a very long time to figure it out, but none of the adults had a clue. He's out and open about it now. Most are completely cool with it, the judgmental ones hide behind a keyboard.

A little correction; I'm not a teacher, I'm ... erm ... the School Psychologist for this one horse town. Roughly 1000 students from grades k-12, plus pre-school, home school, on-line school, whatever. If they're school aged, they're mine. I don't do therapy, though, I evaluate for learning difficulties and find out what emotional, medical, or neuropsychological deficits are causing the problem. Then I make recommendations to help, and determine if they're eligible for special education according to the state and federal regs. It's pretty interesting stuff, and there's a severe shortage nationwide, at the moment. It requires 3 years of graduate school, just like a law degree. You should look into it if you like psychology.

The ankles were a real bummer, but that's the risk that comes with gardening on the side of a mountain. So, I've had to move my garden next to the driveway - almost done. Both ankles required surgery and a month in rehab, followed by another month or two at home staying off the afflicted foot du jour. Thank heaven for my iPad!! Best thing since sliced bread if you're stuck in a hospital. I'm doing pretty well, now, although the left one - the first break - still swells if I'm on it too much which isn't very much. I still ride my knee scooter around the school because the distances are great. All the 1st grade boys watch me whiz by saying, "Awesome!"

Not only did I have compound fractures of both bones (both times), but I dislocated the first one, tearing up the tendons and ligaments so badly that they couldn't slide it back into place until they did the surgery several days later. So, that ankle is pretty much toast. The second one is about back to normal, now that they've taken out all the pins, plates, and screws it was rejecting. (This required another month or two, staying off my foot, but at least I didn't have to go back to rehab. The nurses were getting tired of me) I think security screenings at the airport may become a problem. One lady told me she went through the same thing, then several years later went on vacation to Cancun. On the way back, she tripped the alarms coming through security and explained about all the hardware in her ankle. The TSA asked, "Can you take it out?" :thThere's one who flunked their IQ test.

Now, where's allosaurusrock?

Oh whoops! Sorry about that! That sounds pretty interesting though. Wow small school though! I think we had about 375 in my class and I thought that was pretty small aha my friend had like a few thousand at the school or something, idk how many in the class.

Thanks, I'll have to look into that!

And yikes! That all sounds terribly terribly painful! Sorry :(

But wow, she's not the brightest lol

Sorry! School, technically. But there was an over the top concert. And my dad was mixing it. And we brought my mom and my sister. A bunch of hippies or something that obviously didn't even go there were rocking out to it too. Electronic violin or something? It was weird.

Well, small school districts are weird.

Wow sounds interesting aha

I'm sorry. That post is a train wreck for grammar. I've been writing my novel non-stop for the past week, and because of it I'm functioning on about four hours of sleep.

Sleep is important! Lol

Haha maybe a small one :lau

And thanks a lot!

Sorry you have to deal with that stuff :(

And yeah, I had really bad depression at the time I think. Although I had it the first year too but got really good grades. But I also had a best friend/roommate who was amazing and we were like inseparable aha the second year I lived with some other friends who were also great but my best friend from first who was supposed to live with us transferred :/ second roommate came in later in the year but we all became good friends but yeah.

I hid tons of stuff though. Not having my best friend to tell stuff to/help me made it harder I think. Although I hid a lot from her too.

I don't think the depression is as bad now though or I might not even have it anymore.

I also wonder if it isn't partly just from environment though cause i still live at home and my parents are great but there's def issues and when they went away for a week in April i did everything by myself when normally i dont do dishes or cook or even get myself drinks if someone else is around aha so i dont know if i really have it now.

But I also have anxiety and OCD :(

I definitely ignore/cover up a lot though aha

There was stuff I should have gotten to a therapist for years ago but kept putting it off lol but oh well

Yeah, first time I slipped on the side of a wet mountainside. Second time I slipped at the top of the stairs and went a@@ over tea kettle, as the Brits say, all the way down, landing in a heap at the bottom. I refused to consider that I may have broken my second ankle, so walked on it for 7 hours before calling the ambulance. Once, I fell off a raised garden bed on the side of the mountain, landing on some rocks. All I was concerned about was that my cell phone was ok. When I came back on the line, my BFF on the other end said, "I just heard the weirdest sound". Meanwhile, ten days later, my side still hurt, so I went to the local ER. X-rays showed 2-3 broken ribs. The doctor yelled, "Ten days!!! Didn't it hurt???". "Yes, it hurt", said I, "That's why I finally came in". He called me a "tough old bird", so I told him to watch who he's calling "old". Turns out statin drugs weaken your quads, resulting in falls. Prilosec causes brittle bones. Statins + Prilosec = hospital stays. Lesson = Avoid those drugs.

Yikes!!

I'm a huge baby/wimp and would go to doctor immediately/cry lol

Oh yes. Much better! The correct therapist and medication works wonders. I hate pharmaceuticals, but some times you just have to cry "uncle" and do it. The up side is that I can kill two birds with one stone on that front. I developed fibromyalgia which can be pretty debilitating at times. My single med takes care of the pain, but unfortunately not the weakness and fatigue when that hits. But, it also handles the depression and anxiety. Living in the country helps immensely too!

I need to move to the country or somewhere with nice scenary lol

But I refuse to go on medicine.

Although I'm also semi religious which really has helped me a ton but I do still think I should see a therapist lol

Although maybe not if i dont even know if i have the issues anymore

I'm honestly really excited about getting a therapist. I get really bad anxiety over shots to the point that the last two times I wasn't able to get it- and that was after the doctor medicated me. (I had an incident in first grade. It was bad.) Also, my doctor is recommending the therapist with my gender dysphoria in mind, (without my parents knowing that, they think it is just the shots) and I'm really glad about that. Though, medication for that would cost probably at least $7000, so I'll just have to hold tight for now.

Wow that's expensive!

Yikes! 7Gs is a chunk of money!
Therapy helps so much. You get to sort things out with an impartial and non-judgmental person. Mine had homework for me nearly every appointment.

That sounds great tbh aha

Although i dont think I'll go, idk

We have a transgender man who substitute teaches in our school district. It took the students a very long time to figure it out, but none of the adults had a clue. He's out and open about it now. Most are completely cool with it, the judgmental ones hide behind a keyboard.

We seem to have two sides to our school. You either are uncomfortable about trans people, or you are queer and ready to commit murder to protect them. Honestly I am so tired of all this squabbling. We just end up hurting each other emotionally.

Back
Top Bottom