7 eggs from 6 hens in less than 12hrs

TurtlePowerTrav

T.K.'s Farm
7 Years
Jul 29, 2012
Oregon City, OR
My Coop
My Coop
I know it is rare, but I never thought it would happen to me. When I got home this morning and went out to check on everyone, it was real stormy last night, there is an egg under the perch. It was still warm so I know whoever laid it did so between 4-5am. Then while I was sitting with them, one of my Reds laid an egg in the nest. I put the roost egg in another nest, shell was intact, to collect later. So when I get up this afternoon and go to collect eggs, I find 7 total eggs. So one of my girls laid twice in less than 12hrs. I have a suspicion It was one of my BR's. I just put saddles on them the day before and one was having a hard time adjusting to it. I think she may have held off laying and did it from the roost, then laid in the nest later. It took her about 36hrs to adjust to the saddle, the other BR adjusted within 20 minutes. Still I was like, 7 from 6?

A month ago my EE laid a pretty green egg in the morning and another that afternoon, within 8 hours. She is the only green egg layer. But she also just started laying and skips here and there, and 3 times has had shell less eggs, or laid on the poop board, or out in the run. I think she FINALLY got things straightened out now lol.

Back
Top Bottom