1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

7 out 0f 11 shipped eggs with veins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Wyogirl, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    I just candled my eggs (3 days) and I already see veining!! I have never had that many on shipped eggs, usually have blood rings over 50%, I am so excited!!! They are Silkies shipped from TN to WY.
    Ayda

2. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Boy! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who candles after 3 days! [​IMG]

How exciting!!! [​IMG] to see veins and on so many eggs!

I set 9 silkie eggs recently and on day 3, 6 were showing veins! Shipped from Florida to Arizona. I know your excitment. And the silkies are such cuties! We have 2 in a brooder and i'm so in love with them! [​IMG]

Wishing you the best on your hatch!

3. Tricorn

Tricorn Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

That's darn good!

Better then mine for sure [​IMG]

4. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Great!!! The last batch of shipped eggs i put in the bator 16/16 were growing, My first time with 100%. The Buff Silkies I just hatched I started with 8 and 7 grew (and they spent the night in the mailbox when it was cold) I cannot complain about shipped eggs, so far it's been pretty good.

Good luck with yours!!!![​IMG]

5. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I just received an incredible assortment of eggs from Hot2Pot and I couldn't wait passed three days to candle as well [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] They are looking real good [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    I'm thinking maybe the cool weather is better on shipped eggs:confused:, even tho by incubating in the winter, I will have a laundry room full of chicks:thumbsup.
    I'm am so lucky to have an "animal lover" for a husband:thumbsup:thumbsup and a big laundry room:lol:
    Ayda

7. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    The cooler weather is definitely better for shipping hatching eggs. I received 10 late last month, 9 were fertile and 8 ended up hatching. That is my best rate so far for shipped hatching eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by