7 out 0f 11 shipped eggs with veins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wyogirl

Songster
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Cody, WY
I just candled my eggs (3 days) and I already see veining!! I have never had that many on shipped eggs, usually have blood rings over 50%, I am so excited!!! They are Silkies shipped from TN to WY.
Ayda

Boy! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who candles after 3 days!
lau.gif

How exciting!!!
celebrate.gif
to see veins and on so many eggs!

I set 9 silkie eggs recently and on day 3, 6 were showing veins! Shipped from Florida to Arizona. I know your excitment. And the silkies are such cuties! We have 2 in a brooder and i'm so in love with them!
love.gif

Wishing you the best on your hatch!

Great!!! The last batch of shipped eggs i put in the bator 16/16 were growing, My first time with 100%. The Buff Silkies I just hatched I started with 8 and 7 grew (and they spent the night in the mailbox when it was cold) I cannot complain about shipped eggs, so far it's been pretty good.

Good luck with yours!!!!
fl.gif

I'm thinking maybe the cool weather is better on shipped eggs:confused:, even tho by incubating in the winter, I will have a laundry room full of chicks:thumbsup.
I'm am so lucky to have an "animal lover" for a husband:thumbsup:thumbsup and a big laundry room:lol:
Ayda

The cooler weather is definitely better for shipping hatching eggs. I received 10 late last month, 9 were fertile and 8 ended up hatching. That is my best rate so far for shipped hatching eggs.

Back
Top Bottom