7 up Pound cake?? anyone LOL

Never made that per say, but if you mix a can of flavored pop and a white cake mix together (that's it no other ingredients) and bake it, then straight to freezer, add a little whipped cream after it's cool, it is to die for! I have tried red, and orange pop, as well as root beer. Very yummy and a great summer treat!!

Never made that per say, but if you mix a can of flavored pop and a white cake mix together (that's it no other ingredients) and bake it, then straight to freezer, add a little whipped cream after it's cool, it is to die for! I have tried red, and orange pop, as well as root beer. Very yummy and a great summer treat!!
I should try that sounds good

I love it have y'all tried it i love it LOL i wanna go bake it now :p

You know that this is the recipe forum, right? Where's the recipe?
wink.png

Is this a from-scratch cake, or is it based on a boxed mix?

Would you share the recipe, pretty please?
I have been looking for an easy pound cake recipe.

I think I'll try the can-of-pop recipe also. I am thinking that root beer cake would be good.

Heck I used to buy cakes like this at the Safeway bakeshop when I lived in California. They had 7up cake, they also had variations with orange/cranberries in them, chocolate chips in a batter with cocoa powder added. All very sweet and yet totally addicting. Love them. Gotta make one of these today. Don't have a tube or bundt pan (that I'm aware of) but gotta have one. Gonna use Squirt and lemon juice for the flavoring... I'll have to have the wife pick up some orange soda and do the orange cranberry (using dried Craisins soaked in the soda and the zest of an orange (and the juice too)).

Recipes: "we don't need no stinking recipes" LOL

http://baking.about.com/od/bundtcakes/r/7UP.htm

Last edited:
Heck I used to buy cakes like this at the Safeway bakeshop when I lived in California. They had 7up cake, they also had variations with orange/cranberries in them, chocolate chips in a batter with cocoa powder added. All very sweet and yet totally addicting. Love them. Gotta make one of these today. Don't have a tube or bundt pan (that I'm aware of) but gotta have one. Gonna use Squirt and lemon juice for the flavoring... I'll have to have the wife pick up some orange soda and do the orange cranberry (using dried Craisins soaked in the soda and the zest of an orange (and the juice too)).

Recipes: "we don't need no stinking recipes" LOL

http://baking.about.com/od/bundtcakes/r/7UP.htm

Recipe is printing as I write this...........Thanks!

I'm a "from scratch" baker so I really didn't want to try the cake mix recipe..............

Last edited:
This ws real easy to make. Found my wife's bundt pan under the counter. I trusted my eyes as the pan looked a wee bit tinier than I thought most bundt pans are - so I did a 4/5 version of the above recipe in the link I supplied. WOW it sure looks good. Made a glaze of 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tbls lemon juice, lemon zest and a couple splashes of Squirt... Letting it cool completely before I whack into it is the hardest part of this whole recipe. LOL What say ye folks ??

Back
Top Bottom