7 week old barred rock, roo or pullet?

Megalodon

Chirping
Sep 11, 2021
Hi guys, would anyone who has knowledge when if comes to sexing BRs be able to tell me if this chick is a roo or a pullet?

thank you!!!
0DC8D176-6B1E-4A1D-BB28-A9F38E815D26.jpeg
C8BEEEAB-3239-4572-BA56-68AC3F05452B.jpeg
9CD8CF74-2B18-44EE-86B8-217ED53D09CB.jpeg

The comb and feathered legs on this chick typically aren’t a trait of a barred rock. Perhaps a Malines or Mechel
if I had to guess I’d say rooster, though.
Oh really? wow! thats really unexpected!
We got another batch of chicks from the same lady about 3 weeks ago, same type of eggs. Could that mean that they aren't barred rocks either?

The rest of them look exactly the same as the above chick, just younger and without feathers on its legs. .That chick is the only one with leg feathers.

I'll have to do some googling and maybe contact the lady, but thank you @Pensmaster!

Oh really? wow! thats really unexpected!
We got another batch of chicks from the same lady about 3 weeks ago, same type of eggs. Could that mean that they aren't barred rocks either?

The rest of them look exactly the same as the above chick, just younger and without feathers on its legs. .That chick is the only one with leg feathers.

I'll have to do some googling and maybe contact the lady, but thank you @Pensmaster!
Interesting I’d definitely ask her if she has other breeds. The ones without feathers on legs might/should be barred rocks

She has silkies and Plymouth rocks only, which really confuses me haha:idunno
Could he be a hybrid?
Would it be possible for a Plymouth rock and a Malines to mate and make him?
Either way, glad to know that he's a cockerel. He's awfully gentle:love
Plymouth Rock and barred rock same bird
Damn, now i'm just embarrassed. Thanks for letting me know, I would have continued to make a fool of myself haha

Back
Top Bottom