My 15 week old welsummer chicks pullets or Roo

Yes pure welsummer love all your answers Thankyou your all amazing
Does the bird I mentioned above (the one with patchy red wing feathers) have a black breast? The patchy red color typically signifies a male feather color pattern, and for that reason there are two of us who responded here (@LaFleche and me ) who think that bird could be a cockerel, despite the fact that your pictures don't show its comb, wattles and breast.

Does the bird I mentioned above (the one with patchy red wing feathers) have a black breast? The patchy red color typically signifies a male feather color pattern, and for that reason there are two of us who responded here (@LaFleche and me ) who think that bird could be a cockerel, despite the fact that your pictures don't show its comb, wattles and breast.
It has a light chest but your right about the feathers

Just been to look his feathers are different to the other 4 but pale chest at mo

I've had a couple of pullets with patchy looking red feathers fool me in the past; got quite a shock a few weeks later when I realized one of the "cockerels" in the bachelor pen was a pullet! If the breast feathers are light colored, the comb is similiar in size to the others, and it is not crowing, all your welsummers are almost certainly girls!

I've had a couple of pullets with patchy looking red feathers fool me in the past; got quite a shock a few weeks later when I realized one of the "cockerels" in the bachelor pen was a pullet! If the breast feathers are light colored, the comb is similiar in size to the others, and it is not crowing, all your welsummers are almost certainly girls!
I will try get pics today ! I will keep you all updated Thankyou so much

I will try get pics today ! I will keep you all updated Thankyou so much

Attachments

• IMG_6748.jpeg
    IMG_6748.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6748.jpeg
    IMG_6748.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
Hi all I have theses chicks now around 15 weeks can someone who knows tell me if they are pullets or Roo welsummer
All are pullets in my opinion, by coloring alone.. But saddle feathers should also be showing, starting around 10-12 weeks and more flowing by about 16 weeks..

1693922429627.png

1693922449937.png

Funny.. I had wondered if this was the same poster but nope it's another thread with the same question and same answers (linked for comparison and review, just for fun-zees)..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...mer-14-week-chicks-are.1596955/#post-27148466

Funny.. I had wondered if this was the same poster but nope it's another thread with the same question and same answers (linked for comparison and review, just for fun-zees)..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...mer-14-week-chicks-are.1596955/#post-27148466
The thread you linked actually was made by the same OP as this thread, but the responders were different than here except for you. But yes, the mysterious patchy feather color and pattern on one of the birds was resulting in conflicted opinions on that thread too!

All are pullets in my opinion, by coloring alone.. But saddle feathers should also be showing, starting around 10-12 weeks and more flowing by about 16 weeks..

View attachment 3628606
View attachment 3628608

Lol Thankyou they are free on the land so difficult to get good photos luckily at moment they flock together

Back
Top Bottom