7 week old Silkie X EE. Can you tell yet?

Smartie_Pants

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Madisonville, KY
On April 5th, my Silkie hen hatched out four babies. I was wondering if anyone could tell the sex, I know its early but I'm worried its a roo, which is bad because its my favorite and I already have 5 other roos of varying ages I need to pick between.

The Chick:

020.jpg

The Dad at about the same age:

10Roogrowinup.jpg

I really like this chick, so I'm hoping someone can say its a pullet, even though its early. LOL. It has a tiny little section of feathers that poof on its head, feathered legs, silkie toes, and it looks like he'll have a strange comb like his dad grew to have:

Chick's Comb:

033.jpg

Dad's comb:

Picture1120.jpg

I'm gonna chance it, seeing as how no one has answered your plea! (lol)

Im going to say its.......a pullet! Hope that my prediction proves true for you
smile.png

The father is BEAUTIFUL, but sadly I had to give him away. He was SO agressive! He reeked havoc on the backs of all my hens, attact the other rooster who was totally docile, and then he began to attack a blind silkie rooster I have. The rooster couldn't even run away from him because he didn't know which direction he was coming from, let alone put up a fight. We gave him to a friend of our cousins who has tons of chickens.

Here's a full body shot of him:

Picture1109.jpg

Wow the daddy was a gorgeous thing.

The chick in question is very neat, i'd love to have one that looks like that, if she would keep the coloring which i know she wouldn't,she'll grow out of it, but still very pretty.

i don't know, if its got a comb like that at that age already, i'd say you're going to have another roo.

Back
Top Bottom