7 week old withdrawn, quiet, fluffed out

nekocafe

Chirping
May 24, 2022
Georgia
My 7 week old Ayam Cemani is acting strange. She’s not energetic, foraging, not really interacting with the other chickens (however she will follow them sometimes), not eating or drinking much. She either stays in one spot and her eyes sometimes slowly close, or she walks around very slowly. Her feathers are constantly fluffed out. Her poop is a little runny. She has some balder areas on the back of her neck - pecking from other chickens or molting? I noticed her behavior change yesterday, I’m trying to see what the matter is? She looks so sad. :(

I added Corid to the water today as many internet searches pointed to cocci but I wanted more input from by people.

Attachments

• 854A0072-E978-4D33-9D0E-11C08220D1A5.jpeg
    854A0072-E978-4D33-9D0E-11C08220D1A5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • B256527E-A6E1-4E6C-8A66-E4FDDC59AA11.jpeg
    B256527E-A6E1-4E6C-8A66-E4FDDC59AA11.jpeg
    531 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I recommend getting her immediately started on Corid 9.5% liquid solution for 5 days, then worm her with Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen liquid cattle sheep wormer.

I recommend getting her immediately started on Corid 9.5% liquid solution for 5 days, then worm her with Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen liquid cattle sheep wormer.
I picked up the Corid and just got that going - should’ve wrote that, sorry. Can I combine the safeguard in the same water as the corid?

The Safeguard needs to be given orally, it can't be mixed in the water, it will settle out. Dosing for Safeguard is .23 ml per pound of bird weight, 5 days in a row. You can get oral syringes at most feed stores, tractor supply stores or any pharmacy, just ask them. Shake the bottle well if you have the goat wormer, draw your dose, give the bird 1/2ml at a time and let her swallow, repeat til the entire dose is given. You can use a digital kitchen scale to get a weight.

The Safeguard needs to be given orally, it can't be mixed in the water, it will settle out. Dosing for Safeguard is .23 ml per pound of bird weight, 5 days in a row. You can get oral syringes at most feed stores, tractor supply stores or any pharmacy, just ask them. Shake the bottle well if you have the goat wormer, draw your dose, give the bird 1/2ml at a time and let her swallow, repeat til the entire dose is given. You can use a digital kitchen scale to get a weight.
Okay, thank you! And is it okay for her to have the safeguard while also getting the Corid in the water?

Yes, you can do both. Or if you'd rather, you can finish the corid and then worm her. Don't give any vitamins while treating with Corid, the vitamins could reduce the effectiveness of the medication.

Back
Top Bottom