7 week olds first night outside.

This is just me saying, but I would not put them out without heat if it's going to b that cold. IIf u redece heat by 5 degrees each week and with babies u start at 95, they could handle 60 or 65 degrees. I'm very over protective tho. If u put them out I would put a heat lamp with them.

i know you have chicks but i have ducks that are 10weeks old and i put them out when they were 5 1\\2 weeks old and they were fine.

Thanks for the words of reassurance. The slept very well. No squawks of displeasure. I even put them on the roost and they settled right down for bed.

It's great to hear it went well! 7 weeks they can handle the cold. My youngest in the coop are 6 weeks and they've been in there for 12 days now.
smile.png

remember they are wearing a down coat.....mine won't let me close the coop door at night now, and it is still getting to below freezing here in Colorado...they are 9 weeks old...fully feathered and loving it!

Quote:
You must be at a bit higher elevation than me. We haven't gone down that low in a while here in Weld County.

San Luis Valley, in Alamosa....over 7500 ft., it was 36 this am, that's warm actually...ready for the warm stuff at night!

Back
Top Bottom