7 Year Badge- Nifty?

Wow, what a super fun discussion! So great to see all you old timers posting
wink.png
!

Oh, and thanks for the nice comments
hugs.gif
BYC has become such a huge part of my life and I'm really happy for all we've accomplished as a great friendly community!

I wasn't sure who the heck this Nifty person was, wasn't sure what the deal was with the revival of the original.

Hahaha... don't worry Cyn, you weren't the only one who wasn't sure what was going on and what the future would hold. Heck, I didn't know for sure either... but I did know I was committed to sticking around and doing all I could to bring the site back (BYC had been down for months) and grow the community. It's amazing to think that was 7 years ago!!! My 2nd daughter April was only 8 months old at the time. CRAZY!

A huge "THANK YOU" to everyone who stuck with us over the years! I'm excited to see what the next 7 years has in store for us!

thumbsup.gif

I waited quite a while to move over as well. I was quite cozy on the old BYC! I don't even know what year I joined BYC originally. I was 11 I think when I first joined to ask about frost bite on my rooster. It was the first message forum I had ever joined and I remember being nervous because it was talking to people online who I had never met in person. I was surprised my parents were so approving! Now I'm 25 and in my first year of vet school! But BYC has been with me this whole crazy journey!
Now you are someone who has really grown up on here!!! Good luck with vet school, what a great career!

I remember when I could come home from work and read all the posts for that day. That didn't last long.

Those badges are really something to be proud of. And they always get you to think about way back when. Cynthia, will 65k posts, it's no wonder you retired, LOL.

It's really nice for all of us 7 year olds to be the first ones to display the new badge. It will be fun in the future years, as well as thinking back how young I was when I wore that one for a year!

I read more than I post, I guess? My daughter is quite the artist....maybe I can get her thinking about badge #8 for next year.

speckledhen wrote: Strange to think that some of us are actually longer time members than our join dates would indicate.

Still have one of our BSL hens, the arrival of which was concurrent with signing up, going strong and will be 9 in March. Doesn't seem like it's been that long, Cyn.

Still have one of our BSL hens, the arrival of which was concurrent with signing up, going strong and will be 9 in March. Doesn't seem like it's been that long, Cyn.
frow.gif
buddy! I think we must have signed up about the same time, then. I was a member before I got my first flock, doing tons of research. Grew up with chickens on my grandfather's farm but didn't even think of having my own for a very long time; couldn't anyway, being the wife of an Air Force guy, not until he retired and we finally got out into the country in 2002. This is THE place to be for all things chicken!

How awesome! I still have one of my original hens, a black jersey giant. She is 14. Every year we are shocked she is still alive. I think she's hoping for the oldest chicken award!

How awesome! I still have one of my original hens, a black jersey giant. She is 14. Every year we are shocked she is still alive. I think she's hoping for the oldest chicken award!

Wow!! Fantastic!! Hopefully, one day I can have one live that long. My oldest are 7 right now and still laying. The originals would have been 8 if they'd lived, but that hatchery group didn't have the genetics for it, sadly.

I joined the old BYC in spring of 2003. Got my first 3 day old chicks on May 3rd, 2003. My last survivor from that bunch died May 1st, 2013...So he died exactly 10 years from the day he was born. Pretty amazing. RIP Morticai 5/1/03-5/1/13

Back
Top Bottom