1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

7 yr old SS hen has 3 large punctures with skin ripped away.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickchoon1, Sep 1, 2016.

1. chickchoon1

chickchoon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2014
    Ohio
    Stray beagle got her during his killing spree sunday and its hard putting my grown up pants on. She is THE pet out of what was 45 chickens and although I dont want to give up (didnt clean wounds but filled holes with sugar which has proven to be miraculous in past). I was camping when this happened and apparently no one noticed her injury til I got back 48 hrs after she was wounded. Going out now to take her out of small crate shes in and pray shes at least not worse.

2. chickchoon1

chickchoon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2014
    Ohio
    [​IMG]
    Pic may not come up but its the hen just released for cleaning and shes been drinking for 5 minutex. Apparently cramped kennel discouraged drinking. Shes going into tall tote next. But glad shes drinkin and her wounds, NOT SMALL, are seeming ok. O M G. If she heals this will be her 2nd amazing heal. Poor Lace.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by