7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Hey ron, did you get that big wind yet? Wondering if you did and it's gone, because it's here now! I always worry more about my power going out during a high wind, than an electrical storm..always happens that way. :/

Got the incubator all set up and warmed up and ready to go for tomorrow. Picked out a couple rhodebar eggs to throw in with my Marans. That way, even if they're mixed, they should be sex linked lol.
ya.gif
I got you to hatch! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!

So my shipped silkie eggs arrived today, 3 look to have rolling aircells and the rest are ok. Should I keep them all upright ina carton for incubation, or just the ones with aircell problems?

Hey ron, did you get that big wind yet? Wondering if you did and it's gone, because it's here now! I always worry more about my power going out during a high wind, than an electrical storm..always happens that way. :/

The wind missed us to the north.

We have a big storm on Sunday though--It will get to you for sure.

A tree fell over and killed someone in Portland Oregon.

Here's mine that I'll be setting once I stabilize the humidity.

The quail eggs will be in a few days

Such pretty eggs! Love the colors and especially the beautiful quail eggs. I have been really wanting quail just for the lovely little eggs, maybe for meat also if they were worth it. But Im very hesitant because I am unsure of their needs and how to care for them.

How do the eggs taste? I hear they are great pickled.

Such pretty eggs! Love the colors and especially the beautiful quail eggs. I have been really wanting quail just for the lovely little eggs, maybe for meat also if they were worth it. But Im very hesitant because I am unsure of their needs and how to care for them.

How do the eggs taste? I hear they are great pickled.

They taste exactly like chicken eggs, according to me and my hubby.
I keep them in a coop that's 2x4. They say they need 1 sq ft per bird.

Back
Top Bottom