7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    After having backed out of this hatch a long because I wasn't getting any eggs.

Well guess who decided to pick back up in laying?

Haha. Done refrigerated the other eggs so I'm still out. Just thought it was funny they seemed to know I was wanting to set so they quit, then decided not to and they start laying again. Silly hens.

Well anyway I'll shoot for an early March hatch. Then it will be time for the Easter hatch a long.
  2. yellow duck

yellow duck Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2014
    maricopa arizona

Thank u! Im still working out the kinks on it. But this is my first hatch using it. I also have one right next to it as a hatcher and the one in the pic is the incubator :D so i can constantly have eggs being incubating and rotating weekly if i wanted ;) future hatch aholic right here lol
  3. PupPupChick

PupPupChick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2014
    Foley, MO

Thank you so much! I'll keep you posted :) I'm really looking forward to it!
  4. darkbluespace

darkbluespace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2014
    Portland Oregon

I hope you get it worked out! I have a few cooler bators that I threw together in a day, heated with a light bulb. They do work best with a thermostat (cheap eBay) but I have had a good hatch using just a dimmer extension cord! I put in a computer fan powered by a phone charger. Good luck! I haven't hatched for a while so I am trying to remember all the details... I always forget something.
  5. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    ouch! Funny, I'm not happy with my cat either. She killed a rat and was playing with it in my bathtub.

She also tipped my bator over during hatching over Thanksgiving cause the baby quail sounded delicious. All turned out OK though
  6. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    I just set my eggs. A little late but oh well. I was waiting to see what the girls provided me with today. I'll probably add a few more tomorrow and Sunday, just because I want more Marans in here lol
  7. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Well, better late than never! I finally got my eggs set, a baker's dozen :)
    If they're fertile and all goes well, I'll have some cute little Silkies, Frilkies and Sizzles to help me ring in the new year :fl
  8. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Send me a pm with your set number.
  9. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 No Rest For The WicKed Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    I use a wafer and they're sensitive. Try what Ron and Sally suggested. It's a very simple system. I made my incubator and wired it (I'd never wired) but I used 2 lights instead of an element. It looks like your bator is metal so I'm not sure a person could hack into it? Hopefully it's just something super simple.[​IMG]
  10. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY

This is it? I can't believe NOBODY told me to set more eggs! [​IMG] You guys are slipping. Do I take your silence to mean that you think I should just hold with what was already in there? REALLY??? Back to enablers school with you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by