7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    @simplestupid must say I am glad to see this on here! glad to see you do the switch out! [​IMG] well done!

yer good chicky.... bleach killed it... they get all stained up

Dax so when the light goes on, does the element get hot at all? so you know if the wafer is working? if its not the wafer its the element.

the coolers I use lightbulbs.... not sure on that, see what ron said about replacement parts... if your thermostat is working and it has a fan you have almost all the makins for a coolerbator sweeets.... see my signature....

2. the jolly onion

the jolly onion Chillin' With My Peeps

Omg. So i was turning the eggs for the second time today, and my cat literally tripped against the side and sent them all jumbly waumpus and into each other. No cracks or anything, but my heart fell into my socks pretty much. All i can do is wait till candling on day 7. My 7 year old daughter is devistated, as she witnessed it happen and she has wanted salmon faverolles since we got birds two years ago. Im not too keen on the state of my shipped eggs anyway, as i initially had them in the turner (after resting upon arrival) then took them out to do it by hand and found one had adhered via a leak onto the side if the turner. Old eggs? Maybe. All were uber porous but intact. I cracked it completely open upon getting it unstuck and the yolk was at half mast vs totally plump or totally flat. Gah. Sorry, i just had to rant! [​IMG]

3. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    All mine are set today at noon.

4. PupPupChick

PupPupChick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2014
    Foley, MO
    So the shipped egg saga continues - I am so disappointed right now :( I spent a good amount of money on eggs to have them to put in the incubator today, I called and they haven't even shipped yet!!!

5. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    Awesome "Leonardo"! GREAT job at labeling!! I didn't label my first 14, but the 7 I just added are simply labeled HAL. I didn't think to label them as I collected them. Maybe I should start?

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    PRETTY!!! and I will pray for "lenonardette" for you [​IMG]

7. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Candle them and look for cracks. put some nail polish on the cracks.

8. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

I am so sorry!

9. PupPupChick

PupPupChick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2014
    Foley, MO
    At what point do I need to get them into the incubator to still be part of the hatch a long?

10. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Let me know when you get them and we will work something out.

You are still part of the hatch a long though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by