7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

So....my power just went out....you guys have been great in helping me so far but any suggestions on how to keep my bators warm?
I swear if these darn eggs hatch it will be a miracle! They were wiggling around about an hour ago so I really don't want to lose them.

Co
So....my power just went out....you guys have been great in helping me so far but any suggestions on how to keep my bators warm?
I swear if these darn eggs hatch it will be a miracle! They were wiggling around about an hour ago so I really don't want to lose them.

Cover with blankets to insulate. Hot water in bottles put under the blankets to help heat.

Oh, and if you have an inverter for your car, hook it up and run your car

Thank you so much! I covered all the incubators in down blankets...the irony in that is amazing :) Our water heater is electric so that may not be working, but our heater is gas so the house will stay a steady temperature. Hopefully, it comes back on soon...

Thank you so much! I covered all the incubators in down blankets...the irony in that is amazing
smile.png
Our water heater is electric so that may not be working, but our heater is gas so the house will stay a steady temperature. Hopefully, it comes back on soon...
Keep us posted!

Does the power go out often?

I've covered mine with blankets before but if it's only a couple eggs, I've used the bra... definitely keeps them warm, albeit a bit awkward lol. My husband just shakes his head and laughs at me when that happens.

It doesn't go out often. This is just a crazy fluke. This whole week has been crazy! I am in Arizona and this week we got a huge snow storm and had an earthquake during it. Now that is over our power has gone out. Geeze! I would "use the bra" but I lack the size to keep eggs in there...LMAO! It makes sense though. They would stay at 98.6 degrees... :)

Thank you so much! I covered all the incubators in down blankets...the irony in that is amazing :) Our water heater is electric so that may not be working, but our heater is gas so the house will stay a steady temperature. Hopefully, it comes back on soon...
Yes but your hot water tank will still have nice hot water stored in it for m quite a while!

Back
Top Bottom