7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Posting to mark my reading progress.

Looks like I am going to do some moving over the thanksgiving holiday. I am hopeful that we can be settled back in before the hatch set date....

I missed a couple of days and am 20 pages behind.
sickbyc.gif
I don't see how Ron does it.
bow.gif

For the last year I have been under the curse of the broodies. The white marans have been constantly broody. Just broke a Black CM last week. The blue coppers have been evilly broody too. At one time last summer I had 9 broodies, 7 were different varieties of Maran.
he.gif
Only 1 EE went broody during all the madness. Right now I have a white Marans and a Welsummer sitting on eggs. At least I have gotten smarter about the eggs they are sitting on. My choice, not theirs!
I will be setting Isabelle Leghorn, Swedish Flower Hens and maybe some Isbar eggs for the NYD fun. At least the Leghorns and the Isbars won't go broody!
wink.png

I missed a couple of days and am 20 pages behind. :sick  I don't see how Ron does it.:bow
For the last year I have been under the curse of the broodies. The white marans have been constantly broody. Just broke a Black CM last week. The blue coppers have been evilly broody too. At one time last summer I had 9 broodies, 7 were different varieties of Maran. :he   Only 1 EE went broody during all the madness. Right now I have a white Marans and a Welsummer sitting on eggs. At least I have gotten smarter about the eggs they are sitting on. My choice, not theirs!
I will be setting Isabelle Leghorn,  Swedish Flower Hens and maybe some Isbar eggs for the NYD fun. At least the Leghorns and the Isbars won't go broody! ;)  

Awesome. I have isabelles that are almost at POL.
To me they are the coolest looking chickens I have seen. I also have a blue and a splash isbar males from gff's 1st import. And several females from different sources of 1st and 2nd imports.

Well I am pretty sure that I am going to try hatching eggs from my new silkied serama pullet and smooth rooster, and MAYBE Some of my new smooth pullets eggs if they start laying soon

I'm in! Probably will hatch ducklings

Great!

I have added you to the members list.

ron, I can donate. :)

Thanks, let me know what contest.

Well I am pretty sure that I am going to try hatching eggs from my new silkied serama pullet and smooth rooster, and MAYBE Some of my new smooth pullets eggs if they start laying soon

I am working up a "funky" chick hatched contest. That would be nice.

Great prizes for sure!

Back
Top Bottom