7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

So I guess I'm in too. Some might be early for hatch date.I had a coyote attach my ducks last night and am left with one pair of welsh harlequin ducks & 1 wounded hen. I will be pulling all my eggs from the fridge and whatever the last 2 can give me. How old can you hatch eggs that have been in the fridge? My ducks are molting and these eggs are 3-4 weeks old.

So I guess I'm in too. Some might be early for hatch date.I had a coyote attach my ducks last night and am left with one pair of welsh harlequin ducks & 1 wounded hen. I will be pulling all my eggs from the fridge and whatever the last 2 can give me. How old can you hatch eggs that have been in the fridge? My ducks are molting and these eggs are 3-4 weeks old.

Oh, so sorry!!! :hugs

Dunno on the age/fridge part, but I wouldn't wait for the set date to pop those babies in... as soon as they warm up to room temp, I'd be setting them... :fl for a good hatch!!

I have added you to the members list.

Cold storage is not that bad for long term storage. One thing that may happen is a longer incubation time.

I hope they hatch!

Did you get the coyote problem sorted out?

Back
Top Bottom