8+ Chocolate/Lavender Orpington Eggs

Quote:
They hatch out brown, just like the chick pictured above.
smile.png

Quote:
I'm confused your signature says you have LF Chocolate when you say they arent chocolate??

They are whatever anyone feels happy calling them. Makes no difference to me.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm confused your signature says you have LF Chocolate when you say they arent chocolate??

They are whatever anyone feels happy calling them. Makes no difference to me.
big_smile.png

Ok just curious. When will you have the other orps eggs for sale?

As I recently learned (thanks RR), when you combine two dilution genes, such as Lavender and CHOC, the colors will combine. So if your birds are indeed Chocolate, or even Dun (which I doubt), the offspring will not be splits but actually result in combined platinum or Khaki colored offspring. If your birds are not true Dun or Choc (which I'm sure), you'll get different colored chicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Wow Rio, it`s a GOOD thing you came here onto this thread!!!
bow.gif

With all your "doubts" and being how "sure" you are, what would we have done without you??
lau.gif

These are not true Chocolate Orpingtons, so I feel it is misleading for you to call them so. They should be sold as brown or "mixed background" Orpingtons, IMO.

Have the chicks you hatched exhibited traits that would indicate the true CHOC gene? Are the sex linked?

Can you supply better pictures of your brown adult hen?

Last edited:
Hi Tony,
My last brown eggs I bought from you are developing well and about to stop turning. I will keep you posted! Everyone of those eggs developed, which I think is fabulous considering they came to Montana when we were having below zero weather. I look forward to adding these to my incubator, and working on my chocolate flock!!! When I combine these hens with one imported roo....oh heaven!!!! Thanks for the GREAT eggs:clap

Quote:
That`s great Christa, I`m glad everythings working out well for you.
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Best wishes on a great hatch!!

Back
Top Bottom