( ')> 8 Rumpless - Tufted - LF Araucana Eggs <(' ) Buy It Now

Ray_n_Debi

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
South Carolina
( ')> 8 Rumpless - Tufted - LF Araucana Eggs <
My pens have gorgeous rumpless and tufted roosters, the hens are all rumpless, some have tufts.

Last edited:
Hi there! I've never bought eggs before, but I love these birds... I did research them a while back, but I have a few questions maybe you can refresh me....

Have you ever shipped to Washington state?

Are these birds winter layers, or do they take a break during the short days?

Are they good or occasional broodies or should I have a 'bator handy for hatching?

What are their temperaments like? - I have Salmon Faverolles, very docile and shy birds.... I wouldn't keep them together in confinement (separated by a fence), but when I let everyone out to free range, can they get along?

Thank you

Hi there! I've never bought eggs before, but I love these birds... I did research them a while back, but I have a few questions maybe you can refresh me....

Have you ever shipped to Washington state? Yes

Are these birds winter layers, or do they take a break during the short days? Mine lay during the winter but not as much as the rest of the year, but my winters are not as cold as yours.

Are they good or occasional broodies or should I have a 'bator handy for hatching? They are very good broodies and Moms!

What are their temperaments like? - I have Salmon Faverolles, very docile and shy birds.... I wouldn't keep them together in confinement (separated by a fence), but when I let everyone out to free range, can they get along? I don't find them shy but very curious and friendly. Mine come running when they see me, They will jump up 3 feet in the air to get treats too. Roosters only get along if they were raised together.

Thank you

Thank you for the info! They are really exotic..

As for laying in the winter, I'm not terribly concerned about it, just a little curious - but I am glad they make good broodies (I love broodies!) They sound like real "characters"!

Roosters generally do have to grow up together, no surprise there..... I'll mull this over and see if I can make something happen. - My brids are rotten too, they run after me and stand on the deck waiting for me to throw them something (of course I do ;)

First I live in SC and was wondering if pickup is available? I am interested in at least 2 deals and I can pay by money order to get the extra eggs.

Love these birds aeggs are BEAUTIFUL! Wish you lived in my state then i'd order. Hve had no luck orering out of state due to all the traveling, so want to try something here in state.

Back
Top Bottom