8 week old pullet limping for past 5 days

Attachments

• 5338C9FB-1E0D-403A-90FF-70D8A40CEFD3.jpeg
    5338C9FB-1E0D-403A-90FF-70D8A40CEFD3.jpeg
    497.7 KB · Views: 3
A lot of urates. Is she drinking well?
Today she didn’t eat well. She did drink a bit, I saw her but not a lot. For the last week she eats well once a day (usually when I put out fresh mashed softened medicated chick feed) & then she just pecks a bit once or twice later in the day. She drinks off & on.

But again today she didn’t eat or drink as much when I put fresh food down & barely pecked a bit later when I put some mealworms in her food to try to get her to eat. She LOVES the mealworms & will still peck them out of my hand.

Tomorrow will be day 5 of her Corid drench. Should I stop or treat a bit longer in case her coccidia was worse than normal? I’m planning to put her on full B vitamins as soon as she is clear of the coccidia but don’t want to do it too soon with a bad case of coccidia. I’ve also never treated her for worms & wondered if I should.

Are you just giving the drench or is she drinking mixed Corid water too?

Corid is given for 5-7 days. If she's been drinking Corid water for 5 days, then likely that is plenty.

Are you just giving the drench or is she drinking mixed Corid water too?

Corid is given for 5-7 days. If she's been drinking Corid water for 5 days, then likely that is plenty.
with her not eating well today I’m really wondering if I should give her amoxicillin as well in case the coccidia caused a secondary infection or if anything bacteria related is causing her lameness….would it hurt her if she received a dose and we found it wasn’t a bacteria causing her symptoms?

Amoxicillin may help with secondary infection like Enteritis.
I can't say if it would hurt her or not.
I don't think the leg issues are due to Coccidiosis.
I don’t either, but the leg issue could be due the corid given to her for coccidiosis causing Thaimin Deficiency? Or she may have just been injured by my nephew and has the coccidiosis as well. Alot of if’s. I spoke again to her original owner and she said again that her sibling who looks identical to her is fine and dandy…which is hopefully a good sign that whatever this girl has is random and treatable?

Back
Top Bottom