$886.94!

MRSA skin infections tend to look like spider bites. Did they do a culture? I hope you get better, either way, blah!

Yes a culture. We are waiting results. There is no telling what it is. We are leaning toward spider. We are cleaning up old out buildings on our place. We are also underbrushing(by hand). Lots of cutting,dragging and burning. Creepy crawlies everywhere.

Micah

ick! I little girl in my sunday school class got bit by a brown recluse, and had to have surgery to remove all the dead infected tissue.

Quote:

the antibiotics are working! But I still managed a trip to the emergency room............Gallbladder attack......That hurts, they have offically taken all the fun out of eating.

You poor thing.
hugs.gif

My BIL was bitten by brown recluse - He's not the sharpest tack in the box and wouldn't go the the Dr. Lucky for him he was in a bad car accident. His forehead was cut so badly the skin fell down over his eyes and he thought he was blind. When he got to the ER, the doctors started working on his hand first because the spider bite was more of an emergency than a split head.

My husband and I JUST watched a show on either Mystery Diagnosis or Medical Mysteries where this guy and his wife were both misdiagnosed with spider bites (brown recluse), given antibiotics, and sent on their way. They started feeling better and he went on a business trip. Long story short, he wasn't over it, and it wasn't a spider bite...it was a staph infection and because it wasn't properly treated he started feeling really bad in the hotel, spent a few days in bed, finally called 911. The poor guy was too late in trying to get help.

So please, please, please, make sure it's not a staph infection!

On a lighter note, when my SIL got bit by a recluse she took the meds, but my MIL flew to Cali. to help her out and used HOT compresses (as hot as she could stand it) on the infection to bring out the infection...and it did (on her right butt cheek). They said it was the nastiest thing ever!

Best of luck in a fast recovery!

I had it before many years ago. I had to have the surgery. and my daughter had it last year and they eneded up doing surgery. she had it near her spine.

Quote:
The research and development of one single antibiotic takes millions of dollars. I'm sure that pharmaceutical companies makes tons of money...don't get me wrong. But I know from my experience as a clinical trials nurse that it requires a huge amount of money and meeting all the requirements of the FDA. Drugs have to go through Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III studies before they can be approved. At least the pharmaceutical companies are now helping to provide drugs for those who are uninsured or underinsured. I've personally helped patients get assistance from them.

That said, I have made a point all my life to work for a company that provides a retirement and insurance.

Back
Top Bottom