8x8' Coop almost Done!

Some great planning went into your design, impressive job! Looking after your birds in that pleasant environment will help you to enjoy them so much more.

Also, :welcome

Thanks! I definitely liked the idea of being able to walk into the coop and run to see what's going on. I didn't want to dread dealing with the coop so I think that makes up a little for the extra cost and time. I'm hoping there will also be less aggression.

Where will your nests be? I want to build the same size coop and I'm checking out your layout ;)

If you look at the last picture you will see a smaller shelf. I plan on setting some nest boxes ~3 on it. It's ~16 inches from the floor and 16"x4'. So it takes up half of one wall. Its directly on the right when you open the door.

If you look at the last picture you will see a smaller shelf. I plan on setting some nest boxes ~3 on it. It's ~16 inches from the floor and 16"x4'. So it takes up half of one wall. Its directly on the right when you open the door.

You could make a single large nest box with a roll out to the front to collect the eggs. Some also make a door to close off the nest box. I really like collecting clean eggs from my roll out nest box.

JT

Another question for you. What is the bench thing on the right of the picture going to be used for? Also will you line your poop tray too, if so what are you thinking of using? We were thinking linoleum? Thoughts?

Another question for you. What is the bench thing on the right of the picture going to be used for?

Back
Top Bottom