9 chicks total ** New Pics Added **

chuck12

Songster
11 Years
Sep 17, 2008
Indiana
And 2 more pipping..
Will post pics... this is very exciting,.. these are 11 mystery barn yard mix bantam eggs.

Last edited:
Are your temps high? That could cause an early hatch.

I wouldn't worry much though, hatches are never on time.

Get us some pics.
smile.png

The temp ran a little high,.. around 100 to 100.5 during the last 3 weeks.
No bloody navel or anything on the chick that hatched so far however.

I wouldn;t worry and the slight increase in temps makes an early hatch normal. You're next 2 or 3 days should be eventful.

This is with a digital cam through the foggy glass due to humidity. I removed the shell real quick and added a warm sponge for extra humidity. The chick is dark .. it came from one of the brown eggs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
myphotox.jpg

The next pic is 3 of the chicks in the brooder,.. 2 were from brown eggs and 1 was from a white egg,.. all chicks seem the same color however. 8 more eggs to go,.. 2 are pipping as i am posting this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
myphoto2q.jpg

Last edited:
The chicks that hatched so far seem to have fuzz on the legs..... There were a couple silkie hens in this mix of chickens where I got the eggs,.. Is that a silkie trait?

Last edited:
Yup, feathered legs are a silkie or Cochin trait.

From your post times I suspect you're up watching your incubator. Please make sure to leave it closed. Opening it just a few times can harm the rest of your hatch.

Quote:
Yes.. I have stayed up all night watching..
I am not opening it again.. I got the humidity back up.

Back
Top Bottom