9 hour heat loss

Duck eggs been in 2weeks lost heat for 9 hours. Any chance they’re alive got heat back on at 4 am. They got down to 70s.

They may have survived. Wait a few days, then candle them to see.

Waiting before you candle does two things:
--It lets them warm up and grow in peace for a bit, rather than being pulled out for candling right away, so it is better for the eggs.

--It gives time for the live ones to grow more, while of course the dead ones do not grow. This makes it easier to tell which ones are still alive because the ducklings are bigger and more developed. If you can't tell when you candle, wait a few more days and then candle again.

Updating incase anyone else runs into this problem. These duck eggs were left uncovered from 6:15 in the evening till 4:00 am following day eggs got down to around 70ish degrees. I recovered the eggs until this morning when I recandled the eggs and all are showing life and fine. These eggs are in a nurture right 360 incubator.

Updating incase anyone else runs into this problem. These duck eggs were left uncovered from 6:15 in the evening till 4:00 am following day eggs got down to around 70ish degrees. I recovered the eggs until this morning when I recandled the eggs and all are showing life and fine. These eggs are in a nurture right 360 incubator.
Thank you for updating.
That is great news!

Back
Top Bottom