9 week old Silver Laced Wyandotte's gender??

Looks. The waddles will drop and the comb will thicken. There may also be some cockish behavior, like alerting everyone to a large bird flying over or a cat nearby. Mine is 12 weeks old but gold laced.

Last edited:
My other one at 7 weeks one morning was puffed up but then seem to brighten up during day. Day 2 didn't wanna come out of nest box in morning but then recovered to a lesser degree during day. Day 3 dead in box in sleeping position. Any ideas

My other one at 7 weeks one morning was puffed up but then seem to brighten up during day. Day 2 didn't wanna come out of nest box in morning but then recovered to a lesser degree during day. Day 3 dead in box in sleeping position. Any ideas
I am new to chicken ownership, and have not encountered any illnesses in my birds yet, so I can't really say what happened to your bird. I have read a little on illnesses and such, and I know you are supposed to keep an eye on the poop, the feet, and the crop daily. Make sure you see them eating and drinking, and separate any birds that see a bit "off". If you post in the forum under the illness and diseases thread someone may be able to help you.

Back
Top Bottom