9 Weeks tomorrow! Is Babs a boy??? LOTS of Pics!

SIMPleChick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Utah
9 week goes by fast but I can't tell if my sweet Babs is a boy or a girl! Babs LOVES to talk with you but has not crowed, what do you think!???? Boy or Girl??? I have had Babs up weeks ago but everyone was split down the middle! 50% boy and 50% girl! LOL! The red color of the comb does not show as much on the pictures but Babs has been red for weeks!
82252_bab1.jpeg

Her tail feathers are starting to come in darker with splotches of black...
82252_bab2.jpeg

82252_bab7.jpeg

82252_bab9.jpeg

82252_bab8.jpeg

82252_bab3.jpeg

82252_bab4.jpeg

82252_bab6.jpeg

LOL! Something got lost in translation with this pic!
82252_bab5.jpeg

THNAKS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Generally you will see hackle feathers developing on cockerels around 2-3 months. They will get longer and come to a point. Cockerels in general will have more pointed feather tips. The usual comb development around 5-6 weeks will start to redden, while the pullets will still be yellow. Of course, these are all just indications, not certainties. There's always exceptions to the rules.

When I saw the first 3 pics I though "hen", then I seen the other pics and thought "rooster". I'm confused on this one
hu.gif

Quote:
What kind of behavior traits are you talking about? Babs has always been very docile and with our other cockrels, the bottom of their pecking order but now with the other males gone Babs seems to have taken the top spot. Babs is still very laid back but makes sure the little ones stay out of his/her way....So not sure what to think....

Back
Top Bottom