911:duckling is struggling and cant lift head

DB_Tex

Songster
10 Years
Aug 11, 2011
Upshur County, Texas
ive got a 2 week old duck that cant lift her head and under her own power is struggling and flopping all over the place trying to right herself. she was fine an hour ago when i put them out, i got the kids ready for school and one of them found her like that in the yard. shes flipping somersaults trying to get her head up. i suspect one of my larger ducks injured her. is there anything i can do or try to make her more comfortable?or is there no hope? she looks like shes in pain, and i am strongly considering putting her out of it. [Video removed]

Last edited:
Thats really sad. I would just hold her and wait a little longer and see what people say. I have seen other threads on the forum with ducks like this and people have come in with ideas. Try to see if you can help her first. I will try to find some of the threads.

She's not peeping anymore... just rasping (dont see or feel anything stuck in her throat though) She just looks so miserable
sad.png

I'm sorry to say but i think she might have a broken neck, and now that she is not making noise and just rasping i would put her out of her misery. I am such an animal lover and i would never hurt an animal on purpose unless i seen it being hopeless. i watched the movie and started bawling! poor baby

Back
Top Bottom