911 GOSLINGS DELAYED IN SHIPMENT - very weak

BBHF1775

Songster
Feb 10, 2020
NY State
HELP, our ducklings and gosling shipped out Monday and only arrived at post office today Friday . The ducklings were dead but goslings are stil alive. I’ve been putting droplets of water with electrolytes probiotics and a spoon of sugar on their beaks. What else can I do? They’re under the heating plate but one is barely hanging on, almost refusing the water (beak tightly clamped) and it’s beak is purple ish. How frequently should I be giving them water?
Thanks so much 😞

I'd be offering/not forcing water on them every half hour or so. I would guess that they are also chilled, and hopefully once they warm up they will become more active and viable. Good luck in saving them.
Thanks, so appreciate your advice . They’re curled up tightly together under their heating plate. Their gel was completely empty in their shipping box . My heart is 💔 over what they went through

Shipping is always difficult, and it seems that this year even more so.
That’s sadly my understanding. One gosling made it. She was very distressed this morning when she was all alone . She has a new pekin friend the same age and size now thanks to our local feed store 🙌🏻

That’s sadly my understanding. One gosling made it. She was very distressed this morning when she was all alone . She has a new pekin friend the same age and size now thanks to our local feed store 🙌🏻
You should probably pick up another duckling tomorrow. Even if they’re different species, two is a pair and three is a flock.

It's scary. I have some doing next week and my anxiety is creeping up on me. I ordered them in January before all this really started.
That’s when I ordered as well. I have a friend expecting chicks the first week of May and I told her to not risk it. Honestly, my advice to anyone now is to cancel. This week I also I had chicks that did arrive on time, but out of 8, 3 died by noon. The post office is not handling these birds the way they have in past years. I don’t think I’ll ever order by mail ever again. 3 chicks dead within hours, 2 ducklings dead on arrival and and a gosling that couldn’t survive. I couldn’t live with myself if it happened again.

Back
Top Bottom