911!!

I think sometimes something else is needed if their is a secondary infection going on, some sort of antibiotic.

@azygous I believe I saw you mention this before. You are the expert here, do you think an antibiotic is needed or not?
Thank you I appreciate the help! I’m so scared I can’t lose another chicken! I’ve never had to deal with this before!

Perhaps calcium. That’s good for egg bound chickens, you should try that. Even if she isn’t egg bound, it doesn’t hurt giving a bit of calcium to her. A regular human pill does the job great.
How much calcium? Isn’t it bad for their kidneys if they aren’t laying yet? She’s still young her mother didn’t lay until about 6months. My duccle.

I have my soon to be 5month old chicken here yesterday I opened her coop and she looked all puffed out and sluggish! Her crop has been empty but she’s now showing interest in eating I bought her inside with me. I gave her nutridrench yesterday evening then save a chick electrolytes in her water. Then last night I started her on corid( as someone instructed) and she doesn’t seem better! I’m really scared I just lost 2 chickens! One just a week ago and the other a couple weeks ago. She’s showing a lot of the same signs as them..puffed up sluggish lethargic not eating. She also just took a poop(attached below) and I have no idea what’s going on or what her poop is about. I’ve never seen any poop like this from any of my chickens! Please help! The last 2 photos were from last night!
Thank you I appreciate the help! I’m so scared I can’t lose another chicken! I’ve never had to deal with this before!
Just had to ask, did you mix the electrolytes and the corid?

Attachments

• F3615556-564B-483A-A9BB-8D581C12CCAE.jpeg
    F3615556-564B-483A-A9BB-8D581C12CCAE.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 3
I don’t think that’s an issue here. I’m not an expert but she’ll be just turning 5months on 4th. And my two other chickens kind of showed same signs! Electrolytes perked her up and she started walking and exploring her crumble. I’m just stumped!
I know that some chickens can start laying earlier than usual… maybe this is one of those cases?

I really hope you don’t. She’s beautiful, and she was born July 4th! You should name her independence or something
Thank you. She was our first ever hatched by a Hen here! We always got them from Hatchery a few days old. But my older flock went Broody this year and I let my Duccle hatch her egg cause she was being such a good mommy. My chickens are all special to me but she’s super special being our first peep born here.

Thank you. She was our first ever hatched by a Hen here! We always got them from Hatchery a few days old. But my older flock went Broody this year and I let my Duccle hatch her egg cause she was being such a good mommy. My chickens are all special to me but she’s super special being our first peep born here.
Well, she is absolutely stunning. I really hope you won’t lose her.

Back
Top Bottom