98.5f temp. of Incubator in last 3 days

honorkt

Chirping
Mar 21, 2022
please help... my incubator temperature is 98.5 and 63% RH and my chicken eggs on day 18 (last 3 days)

dose 98.5 consider low Temp. for last 3 days..

thank in advance

If they were 98.5 F the entire incubation they could easily be a day or two late. You still should get a decent hatch. Nature was kind enough to give us a little leeway in how precise we have to be. 1 degree F is not a death sentence but you do want to get it as close as you can..

If that is just for the last three days, it is not a problem. The embryos and generating heat themselves so they will be fine. In the huge incubators the professionals use that might have 60,000 chicks in each, one of their problems is to keep the incubator cool enough so they don't cook the chicks because of all that heat they generate. Our incubators aren't that big so it's not a problem we have. Youi should be fine.

Let us know how it goes.

What exactly are you needing help with?

Did you calibrate at least one thermometer and salt test a humidity gauge to know if your incubators numbers are even correct?

If they were 98.5 F the entire incubation they could easily be a day or two late. You still should get a decent hatch. Nature was kind enough to give us a little leeway in how precise we have to be. 1 degree F is not a death sentence but you do want to get it as close as you can..

If that is just for the last three days, it is not a problem. The embryos and generating heat themselves so they will be fine. In the huge incubators the professionals use that might have 60,000 chicks in each, one of their problems is to keep the incubator cool enough so they don't cook the chicks because of all that heat they generate. Our incubators aren't that big so it's not a problem we have. Youi should be fine.

Let us know how it goes.
yea its only the last 3 days , rest of days were around 99.5
just 2 days for hatching so I will post pic.. it was my first time,

What exactly are you needing help with?

Did you calibrate at least one thermometer and salt test a humidity gauge to know if your incubators numbers are even correct?
first of all its my first time hatching eggs by incubator,
Yesterday which is day 18 I have problem with heater that I could not increase it over 98.5, so I couldn't figure out what can I do in this critical time, Humidity is stable I have 2x H. and temp. monitors both showing same number. 98.5 and 63-65%RH

2 days away from hatching day.. so I hope my chick hatching healthy.

I know with mine when I raised the humidity the temp went down so it was lower the last 3 days (well 2 since my egg hatched on day 20). everything was fine with my baby. it is a happy 6 day old running around with a mama hen in the coop and run. :)

so far i got 60% hatching .. they 2 weeks+ old and healthy
tbh the result is amazing for shipping eggs online.. that took 3 days to be shipped to my address by airline.

also i would have 80%+ however I had around 30 marans eggs which hatched 6 only and rest 90eggs were hatched fine ( buff Orip, Wyndottes)

i done what problem with marans eggs like 10eggs were completed chicks inside but they couldnt make it out..

Back
Top Bottom