A and J Poultry, NY

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Waltzing Matilda, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waltzing Matilda

Waltzing Matilda Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2011
    Mid Atlantic
    Anyone else been surprised by this poultry distributor? I placed an order when they did a promo on this site back in early March. They were nice as could be, but the order would not be fulfilled until April 23rd. That's a looooong time! At that time, and still currently, I am unemployed. I looked into the cancellation fee just in case I needed to cancel; and it was extraordinarily high at 30%, but felt confident that I would not need to cancel. Today, I felt uneasy since I'm still unemployed and asked if they could negotiate the 30% cancellation fee and that I needed to cancel my order. I received an email that it was 50% for the cancellation fee. Mind you, this would be approximately $110 penalty. This is ludicrous. I emailed for them to fulfill the order and that this order was the first and last one they would get out of me. I have placed orders with Mypetchicken (very nice people) and various other well-known distributors and their cancellation fee is nowhere near 30% and OMG definitely not 50%.

Just want to give you all a heads up on this poultry distributor. Becareful when you place an order!

I'm writing this because I want to give everyone a heads up to their HIGH cancellation fee.

2. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for letting me know about their high cancellation fee. I will avoid them in the future.

3. juliaaa

juliaaa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks for the heads up. That fee seems very high!!!

4. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Thanks for heads up.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by