A BEE thread....for those interested in beekeeping.

My girls were bringing in plenty of pollen this afternoon!
celebrate.gif

Okay, I'm an amateur. That is a fantastic shot! You must have a super duper zoom lens!

Thanks ~ I was using a simple Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS8 Point and shoot digital camera. It has 16x optical zoom and can do macro. It is fairly inexpensive at about $250.

I do also have a very nice Nikon D5100 DSLR, but I find the Panasonic very easy to carry in my pocket for quick pictures as I am puttering around in the yard.

Two weeks ago we had snow today it got into the low 80's.

I checked 1/2 of our hives today ~ tomorrow we will do the rest. I was very happy with what I found. All of the hives were thriving ~ 2 were so strong that I added supers to them to try to avoid swarming. I \hope to do some splits soon.

Hives full of baby bees!
celebrate.gif

Beautiful capped worker brood

A 2013 queen

A couple of drones already in a few of the hives.

Two weeks ago we had snow today it got into the low 80's.

I checked 1/2 of our hives today ~ tomorrow we will do the rest. I was very happy with what I found. All of the hives were thriving ~ 2 were so strong that I added supers to them to try to avoid swarming. I \hope to do some splits soon.

Hives full of baby bees!
celebrate.gif

Beautiful capped worker brood

A 2013 queen

A couple of drones already in a few of the hives.
I love that you post these wonderful pictures! I am still waiting for my bees to come in...two more weeks!

Hey guys, this may have already been answered but where can I order bees online? Or does anyone know where I could pick them up in the Ft. Worth area? I don't need a whole hive since I plan to build my own, just the bees to go in it.

Back
Top Bottom