A BEE thread....for those interested in beekeeping.

Pics
Quote:
Good luck! Are you getting a package? I had a tough time getting the syrup can out of the box. I finally went out and put my other five frames in. There was a piece of comb that they had built out too far...it fell off and landed on the bottom, I guess they will recycle it? Ms. Queen was moving around, hopefully doing her thing.

Yes! We are getting 6 package bees!

Quote:
Good luck! Are you getting a package? I had a tough time getting the syrup can out of the box. I finally went out and put my other five frames in. There was a piece of comb that they had built out too far...it fell off and landed on the bottom, I guess they will recycle it? Ms. Queen was moving around, hopefully doing her thing.

Yes! We are getting 6 package bees!

Wow, 6 packages! What happened to your hives? I see that you lost them.

In the middle of the cold harsh winter then they were to cold to move to the source of food so they all died and we now have full hive bodies of honey for our new bees!

Quote:
Very nice! Your bees will be ahead of the game.
smile.png

We are new to bees and this will be a great thread to follow. We have two hives and just got our bees on 4-10-10. We live in Northern California and have had a lot of rain this spring (raining as I wite this) but everyone seems to be happy so far.

Sandee

Quote:
Very nice! Your bees will be ahead of the game.
smile.png

This time we are getting 3 packages from Pennsylvania because they will be more used to the cold!

Back
Top Bottom