A Bielefelder Thread !

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by faysel, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Jtabor1387

Jtabor1387 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    I could not find a thread on Neiderrheiner chickens, so I figured I would ask here since they are similar to Bielefelders. Does anyone have any experience with them, if so how are they to raise,pics, etc.

2. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    She has a sweet face, you can see her curiousity [​IMG] how old is she?

3. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I added Bielefelders to BYCs breed list, no one had yet. Its pretty easy to do, research the basic info about the bird, and add the breed. You can start a thread yourself, and then other folks keeping them will join. I found this thread after I had acquired my pair.

4. Dull Hoe Farm

Dull Hoe Farm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2014
    I have started selling Bielefelder hatching eggs on eBay. This might be a viable option for you if you have an incubator. They'll be shipped directly to your door. I have had success in three different hatching egg batches I purchased from eBay. Granted, hatching rates varied greatly, but it helped get my flock started.

5. Ron Skekel

Ron Skekel Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Slidell,La
    Mine started with a darker egg now it has become lighter. I have seen their eggs on this thread in every shade of brown. Pam

6. Cody A

Cody A Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2014
    N. Louisiana
    Couldn't say yay or nay on that one Bluhen. Whomever you get them from you'd better ask if your wanting a particular strain.

7. treefarmer42

treefarmer42 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2014
    Reading, PA
    Hello,
    My Biels are a good 20 weeks old now and all appears as anticipated but, My Biels have a great fear of the snow. They have never gone outside since the snow fell this Winter. I can't even scare them outside , they would rather fly inside the coop and then look at me thinking I'm nuts. Even on sunny 32+ temps. Is this the same for your Biels or are mine to "soft" for PA snow.
    Thanks

8. jbkirk

jbkirk A Learning Breeder

Could You Guys & Gals post a review of your Bielefelders on the breeds section.
    Thanks MK

1 person likes this.
  9. Sill

Sill Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    Nice to see the color range they can lay!

10. Sill

Sill Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    Yeah I'd like to know which. About how old is he?

Oh my the mosquitoes! They are usually not bad until after the monsoons. What's up with that? Was our winter just that mild that they didn't get killed off? I keep putting lemon grass in the nest boxes to keep them from moving in. They seem to love spending the days in the nest boxes, with snacks coming in for them occasionally during the day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by