A Bielefelder Thread !

Are you refering to the side growth no their comb? It's the first breed I've had that has it.

It's hard to see but thats side growth on both sides of the comb. Pam

Hey, as long as its not tumorous/cancerous, maybe you can create a new breed -- something like the Penes with their Coronation/King's comb. I mean if anomalies like short legged genes became a breed maybe a new comb can become a new breed (provided it looks good and isn't harmful to the chicken). Have any Bielie hens been hatched with this comb anomaly?

Hey, as long as its not tumorous/cancerous, maybe you can create a new breed -- something like the Penes with their Coronation/King's comb.  I mean if anomalies like short legged genes became a breed maybe a new comb can become a new breed (provided it looks good and isn't harmful to the chicken).  Have any Bielie hens been hatched with this comb anomaly?

He wasn't born with it it grew that way it is symmetrical on both sides. No hens I have have it. They are all young. Everyone who sees him loves how beautiful he is. Now that you know it's their if you look at my avatar pic you can see it. I like your thinking I think it looks like it's sopposed to be there.

He wasn't born with it it grew that way it is symmetrical on both sides. No hens I have have it. They are all young. Everyone who sees him loves how beautiful he is. Now that you know it's their if you look at my avatar pic you can see it. I like your thinking I think it looks like it's sopposed to be there.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get a very clear image of his comb. How long has the anomaly been growing and does it look like it has stopped its progression? I would keep this roo for more offspring with this anomaly (provided it isn't harmful in any way). How exciting to have a specialty sported from your hatches!

Unfortunately I can't seem to get a very clear image of his comb.  How long has the anomaly been growing and does it look like it has stopped its progression?  I would keep this roo for more offspring with this anomaly (provided it isn't harmful in any way).  How exciting to have a specialty sported from your hatches!

I noticed it when he reached sexual maturity. It grew to the same size as the rest of the comb and symmetricial on both sides. It looks cool that's why I thought they all had it.

on both sides.

My babies are three weeks old now and nearly fully feathered. It's fine watching their personalities develop. A few of them are especially affectionate while others are still a bit unnerved by me. One of my cockerels weighed in at a whopping 9.10 ounces @ 3 weeks! He's definitely looking to be a prime breeder.
cool.png

Hansel - my biggest and very friendly little cockerel.

My favorite pullet, Gidget.

My rather wary girl, Gretel.

My fluffy little pine cone, Zoey.

I don't know if I am okay posting this here or of it should be on the buy/sell page. I am in need of a young roo. I purchased some Beilefelders off rare breed auctions in November. I got 2 roos and 6 pullets. Well I guess even with a heat lamp on them they weren't warm enough. I lost a roo in February and the second one yesterday morning. They were all huddled together on the corner of my grow out pen with the hens standing on the body of the dead roo.

So long I am looking for any roo for sale. It would be great if it is close to the same age as the hens(18 weeks)

Thank you.

I don't know if I am okay posting this here or of it should be on the buy/sell page. I am in need of a young roo. I purchased some Beilefelders off rare breed auctions in November. I got 2 roos and 6 pullets. Well I guess even with a heat lamp on them they weren't warm enough. I lost a roo in February and the second one yesterday morning. They were all huddled together on the corner of my grow out pen with the hens standing on the body of the dead roo.

So long I am looking for any roo for sale. It would be great if it is close to the same age as the hens(18 weeks)

Thank you.

Where do you live?

Patton PA... 1.5 hours east of Pittsburgh

Steve Horner

Patton PA 16668
Cell(814)525-8752

I work M-F 6AM until 2 PM, can't take my phone into the prison where I work. Please leave a message..... THANKS

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom