A Bielefelder Thread !

I had 3 of 7 eggs set hatch this week. 2 hatched right on day 21 and the 3rd hatched on day 22. I had another one pip, but it didn't get out of the shell and I didn't help it. I've helped in the past, and I just can't do that anymore. 2 of the eggs had fully formed chicks in them. I'm not sure why they didn't hatch. The third looks like it might not have been fertilized or was an early quitter. My rooster quite likes the bielefelders; all of them are missing feathers on their heads where he holds on to them. I'm not sure if that is a sign of a good roo or not. I plan on replacing him with a 2013 import.

Here are pics of the three newbies. 2 girls and 1 boy.

Ohhhhhhhh their sooooooooooo cute!!!!!
From my experience you probably had to high humidity during the first 18 days.
Glad you got the ratio boys/girls that you did.
smile.png

How did you manage the humidity? Did you keep one, both, or neither of the water trays full?

Yeah, I'm testing the incubator. It's had a lot of condensation it didn't used to have. I almost always get 90-100% hatches.

The first 18 days, the humidity was 30-40% and after that it was 65%. It went up a little bit, over that, but not much. I didn't have to use much water because it was pretty humid in the house.

I'm pretty sure that something is going on with the incubator and the internal condensation, but I'm not sure what. My warranty with Brinsea is expired.

My luck with incubators has not been running very well. ;/

I had 3 of 7 eggs set hatch this week. 2 hatched right on day 21 and the 3rd hatched on day 22. I had another one pip, but it didn't get out of the shell and I didn't help it. I've helped in the past, and I just can't do that anymore. 2 of the eggs had fully formed chicks in them. I'm not sure why they didn't hatch. The third looks like it might not have been fertilized or was an early quitter. My rooster quite likes the bielefelders; all of them are missing feathers on their heads where he holds on to them. I'm not sure if that is a sign of a good roo or not. I plan on replacing him with a 2013 import.

Here are pics of the three newbies. 2 girls and 1 boy.

So cute!!! The first of my three remaining eggs pipped around 11:00 a.m. this morning and has remained quiet along with its two "siblings" ever since. Right now I've got six cockerels and three pullets...all about 5 weeks old...so I'm really hoping to get at least one more girl out of this hatch.
roll.png

So cute!!! The first of my three remaining eggs pipped around 11:00 a.m. this morning and has remained quiet along with its two "siblings" ever since. Right now I've got six cockerels and three pullets...all about 5 weeks old...so I'm really hoping to get at least one more girl out of this hatch.
roll.png

Is there anymore progress?

Is there anymore progress?

Only one hatched...another cockerel. The other two failed to do anything. I checked in the eggs and they were both dead...actually blue...and one of them had a deformed foot.
hit.gif
I'm heading to one of the local feed stores in the morning to buy this little guy a companion. He's hardy, active...and very vocal. I won't be buying from this breeder again. I've had no luck with her Biel eggs. I spoke to another customer of hers who had similar results.

Back
Top Bottom