A Bielefelder Thread !

Has anyone had a male Biele this light?

It has to be a Biele, but I never hatched one this light.

I got a female with my 1st hatch & a male with my second. What I didn't expect was how many infertile eggs I would get. My friend's roo must be overworked. OR He must prefer the black sex link hens. Half the hens are BSL & half are pure Bieles. Only roo is a Biele, but
Trial 1: 12 eggs set, 4 mixes & 1 pure .... (3 pure Bieles developed but died before pipping)
Trial 2: 7 eggs set, 2 mixes & 1 pure (one ? still waiting to see if it hatches)

i have never seen a Biele that light or that golden. I did a lot of research on the breed before getting any. I am interested in seeing the answers of the experienced members.

Here are photos of my Bielefelder cockerel Kaiser, and the pullet Strudel. They were hatched on February 17.

Kaiser

Strudel

I am so excited to report that my broody hen, Mama Lily, has successfully hatched her five eggs, three of which came from my Biel girls. It appears that I have 1 and maybe 2 pure Biels, and one Biel/NN mix along with another NN and a White Rock/Ameraucana mix. Not only did Mama Lily have a far more successful hatch rate, but they hatched much earlier than in the incubator...days 19 & 20 instead of 22 and 23. Here a re few photos of the new family.

One pure Biel pullet, but my Biel cockerel appears to have feathered legs. I really don't know where those came from.

I am so excited to report that my broody hen, Mama Lily, has successfully hatched her five eggs, three of which came from my Biel girls. It appears that I have 1 and maybe 2 pure Biels, and one Biel/NN mix along with another NN and a White Rock/Ameraucana mix. Not only did Mama Lily have a far more successful hatch rate, but they hatched much earlier than in the incubator...days 19 & 20 instead of 22 and 23. Here a re few photos of the new family. One pure Biel pullet, but my Biel cockerel appears to have feathered legs. I really don't know where those came from.
Yay Momma Lily! Yay for you! Congrats! That's an adorable batch of chicks!

Sooo cute! Congratulations!
wee.gif

i have never seen a Biele that light or that golden. I did a lot of research on the breed before getting any. I am interested in seeing the answers of the experienced members. Here are photos of my Bielefelder cockerel Kaiser, and the pullet Strudel. They were hatched on February 17. Kaiser Strudel
I love your names for your pullets.

I am so excited to report that my broody hen, Mama Lily, has successfully hatched her five eggs, three of which came from my Biel girls. It appears that I have 1 and maybe 2 pure Biels, and one Biel/NN mix along with another NN and a White Rock/Ameraucana mix. Not only did Mama Lily have a far more successful hatch rate, but they hatched much earlier than in the incubator...days 19 & 20 instead of 22 and 23. Here a re few photos of the new family. One pure Biel pullet, but my Biel cockerel appears to have feathered legs. I really don't know where those came from.
Oh oh ... Someone's been messing around ;-) Congratulations ! A lovely family!

Has anyone had a male Biele this light? It has to be a Biele, but I never hatched one this light. I got a female with my 1st hatch & a male with my second. What I didn't expect was how many infertile eggs I would get. My friend's roo must be overworked. OR He must prefer the black sex link hens. Half the hens are BSL & half are pure Bieles. Only roo is a Biele, but Trial 1: 12 eggs set, 4 mixes & 1 pure .... (3 pure Bieles developed but died before pipping) Trial 2: 7 eggs set, 2 mixes & 1 pure (one ? still waiting to see if it hatches)
interesting

Back
Top Bottom