A Bielefelder Thread !

So the broody hen kicked one of the Bielefelder eggs out of the nest this morning. I figured maybe it was a bad one but I tossed in in the incubator anyway just in case. Well, it just hatched!!! It is still wet but I think it is a girl. So the girls have the eyeliner and the stripy backs, and the boys are lighter with the white head spot, right?

So the broody hen kicked one of the Bielefelder eggs out of the nest this morning.  I figured maybe it was a bad one but I tossed in in the incubator anyway just in case.  Well, it just hatched!!!  It is still wet but I think it is a girl.  So the girls have the eyeliner and the stripy backs, and the boys are lighter with the white head spot, right? 
Yep! Congratulations!

"Big Handsome"- 4 months old

Bielefelder roosters are so beautiful; I wish I could have one.

Here is my chickie that hatched from the rejected egg:

It looks like a girl to me, what do you think? My son named her "Ida."

Bielefelder roosters are so beautiful; I wish I could have one.

Here is my chickie that hatched from the rejected egg:

It looks like a girl to me, what do you think? My son named her "Ida."

I'd say she is a very lovely, very lucky little hen!!!!!!!

So the broody hen kicked one of the Bielefelder eggs out of the nest this morning. I figured maybe it was a bad one but I tossed in in the incubator anyway just in case. Well, it just hatched!!! It is still wet but I think it is a girl. So the girls have the eyeliner and the stripy backs, and the boys are lighter with the white head spot, right?
wee.gif
Congratulations!

Hello
I'm new to BYC although I've read many threads :)

I've got a Plymouth barred rock lavender orpingtons and barnevelder hens.

I just hatched two bielefelders under my broody lavender orp and I'm pretty sure they are little Roos but thought I'd consult the expert panel ;) thanks!!

Hello
I'm new to BYC although I've read many threads
smile.png

I've got a Plymouth barred rock lavender orpingtons and barnevelder hens.

I just hatched two bielefelders under my broody lavender orp and I'm pretty sure they are little Roos but thought I'd consult the expert panel
wink.png
thanks!!
Yes.... cockerels..... very cute!

Back
Top Bottom