A Bielefelder Thread !

Quote: Amazing! And a girl too!
woot.gif

I finally got some closer photos of my Biel mixes from Mama Lily's hatch. They're becoming a little friendlier but it's requiring a fair amount of work to win over their confidence. Sorry about the coloring in the photos. Believe it or not, the background was a mauve/pink, but with the blue light from outside the color was unusual and temperamental.

Scamp:

Larger cockerel - No name yet
Gorgeous! What mix is are these? Looks like they are developing a crest!

Quote:
Very cool! I will have to look up Dorking. Does Scamo have blue feet? Or is that just the color of the photo? I have a young Crested Cream Legbar roo and 3 pullets! I wonder what they would be like mixed with Bielefelders? I definitely have to figure out how to deal with roosters crowing. My township is going to come down on me quick when the second one starts crowing!

Their father is an Ameraucana-Dorking mix. I have to admit that the crest is quite a surprise to me since Dad doesn't have one, as are the extra toes and feathered shanks. Chicken genetics never ceases to amaze me.

Yes, his feet are a unique shade of pale blue. His comb is the only thing making me think his daddy is my Ameraucana-Dorking mix. Otherwise, given the lighter coloring, feathered shanks, blue feet and even his size I would suspect that the last Bielski cockerel had someone snuck into the Biel pen during the night and got it one with my Biel girls.

My Bielefelders are really struggling with the heat today. It's 108 degree so far and I'm working overtime to keep them cool. Even my NNs, which are usually all but immune to the heat, seem downright miserable. June in Arizona is a simply awful month.

Very cool! I will have to look up Dorking. Does Scamo have blue feet? Or is that just the color of the photo? I have a young Crested Cream Legbar roo and 3 pullets! I wonder what they would be like mixed with Bielefelders?

I definitely have to figure out how to deal with roosters crowing. My township is going to come down on me quick when the second one starts crowing!

A CCL roo over Biele girls will give you Olive Eggers that carry the autosexing traits.

Yes, his feet are a unique shade of pale blue. His comb is the only thing making me think his daddy is my Ameraucana-Dorking mix. Otherwise, given the lighter coloring, feathered shanks, blue feet and even his size I would suspect that the last Bielski cockerel had someone snuck into the Biel pen during the night and got it one with my Biel girls.

My Bielefelders are really struggling with the heat today. It's 108 degree so far and I'm working overtime to keep them cool. Even my NNs, which are usually all but immune to the heat, seem downright miserable. June in Arizona is a simply awful month.
lol! My Dad said your chicks are a product of a menage a trois!

I have noticed that my 2 Biele hens don't like the heat. They were panting when it was in the low 90s. We haven't had a gradual increase in temp. Just a fast hike up for a few days, and now it is in the 60s. DH is going to put a thermostatically controlled fan in the coop to protect his little darlings. I thought that Arizona had dry heat, and why is it so hot do early?

Back
Top Bottom