A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
Greenfire Farms imported 2 different unrelated lines, the first came in 2009 and the second in 2013.
That is my understanding.

Thank you much, I did not know that. Is there any visual way of knowing which bloodline a person has ?

As far as I know the 2nd group was brought in only to broaden the bloodline. I am pretty sure that all of mine are from the 09 group, so I will have my eye open for a couple of roos out of the 2013 group. Whoever you got yours from should be able to tell you.

According to the GFF website, the 1st group imported in 2011 and 2 group 2013. I got my Bielefelders from local gentlemen purchased hatching eggs from Ebay and they are start laying around 7 1/2 month. Since my line does not eat that much, I will find the line that eat a lot and add to my group in the future. I also expect the line that eat a lot also growing faster and possible little larger bird.

Last edited:
HI, am curious how one can go about fermenting their feed and what brought You to start doing this,,,,, Thanks

Fermenting feed has been around a long time. There is a whole thread on it on BYC. It builds immunity and they don't waist feed. Dry feed mine would rather free range. With fermented feed they come running. Mix your feed in a bucket cover with water stir and apple cider viniger the kind with the mother. Next day stir add water if its been soaked up to cover.Cover with a loose cover so gas can escape. When you see bubbles you have ferment. I like and use mine when it smells like sour bread dough. Some let it get to smell spoiled. I feed organic which has probiotics in it so mine is good to go the next day. It keeps them healthy thrie are a ton of benifits look up the thread for more info. Pam

Thanks Pam, will do…..I have tried soaked Barley before in the thought to feed some sprouted but wasn't so lucky to get to that point, I have been feeding beer mash with my laying feed and after i scrap the top layer, the following has that smell you speak of……i hadn't thought, but your right it does smell like yeasty bread dough…..appreciate the information.

I don't find mine eat tons at all, as a matter of fact they are quite content in wandering about looking for tidbits. During the rapid chick growth they ate reasonable amounts but being large fowl nothing overly piggy.

Very happy with mine...

As far as I know the 2nd group was brought in only to broaden the bloodline. I am pretty sure that all of mine are from the 09 group, so I will have my eye open for a couple of roos out of the 2013 group. Whoever you got yours from should be able to tell you.
RWD,
I just found out that my bloodline came from Greenfire farms in the Spring of 2013 so I'm guessing they are from the 2009 strain but not certain. Seller did not know which of the two. I'm monitoring their feed and I'll let the site know how much they are consuming.

Back
Top Bottom