A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
I did buy those eggs and mine didn't develop at all.
The same seller offer a few months back the males only and told me to buy the cheap hatchery New hampshires hens and cross them with those boys and will have the real thing as well.But when i asked him why the cheap NH when we are talking about the really some really nice breed he never answered back.
if he got lucky and got a good deal on those boys, and he is suggesting to do that cross probably he will even put and add of Bielefelder chicks (with his cross ) witch we will be paying lots and will be just hatchery quality.

I've been curious about that guy as well. As far as I know, I have some of the oldest bielefelders out there and mine have been laying for about a month. Not saying mine are the oldest. I know EP got the first ones from GFF but mine were a just a couple of months behind his. That guy has been selling eggs for the last few months on rba and ebay. If he is telling you to cross breeds to get your hens, then I would be very leery of him and his stock.

Anyway here are the pics of our just hatched chicks as promised.

Enjoy!

Friends,
If you have questions about those Bielefelder eggs on RBA, please contact me directly via PM. We have worked with this seller before and would not recommend it. It "worked out" in the end, but likely because of my profession and persistence. I'd prefer not to air dirty laundry on the thread, but would be willing to talk to you individually via PM.

I've been curious about that guy as well. As far as I know, I have some of the oldest bielefelders out there and mine have been laying for about a month. Not saying mine are the oldest. I know EP got the first ones from GFF but mine were a just a couple of months behind his. That guy has been selling eggs for the last few months on rba and ebay....
To our knowledge, our oldest Bielefelders are from the exact same hatch as this individual's oldest Bielefelders. Our hens have yet to lay an egg.

I will need to check and see how old ours are, I think 5-6 months. We got ours as part of either a make up order for a bad order from GFF or it was an assortment. I would have to check my records but we are anxiously waiting on our first eggs. We also have some younger ones we purchased about 2 months later.

I would be silly and ask why people have to be dishonest but we all know it is love of the all mighty dollar.

May have had our first pullet egg today. We found a torpedo under the grape vine, but it could have been from a juvenile Jubilee. We had everyone out in the same area today for a good stretch. We will see what happens in the coming days.

Last edited:
For those of you that had problems with the Bielefelder eggs I would recommend everyone of you to report it to Rare Breed auctions. I know they changed several rules to protect buyers. .

Last edited:
For those of you that had problems with the Bielefelder eggs I would recommend everyone of you to report it to Rare Breed auctions. I know they changed several rules to protect buyers. They actually suspended GFF this spring for a few days when they were working on some issues reported.

What issues did GFF have this spring? I only ask since I have purchased like 5 shipments and over 70+ chicks from GFF. They have been very professional. The only problem I ever had was recently the USPS Express Mail killed an entire shipment of mine (20 birds). But GFF will send a replacement whenever I am ready. I am holding off until this shutdown thing blows over. Someone told me that the shutdown is not affecting the USPS because they are independently funded. However, guess what happens when the entire government stops accepting mail. You guessed it...it backs up in the processing facilities.

I have the utmost respect for Pual and Jenny at Greenfire (don't know any of their other staff but I am sure they are nice as well). They do the hard part of importing rare chicken breeds so that we can enjoy them here in the U.S. I think they are entitled to a few mistakes here and there myself. But personally, they have been the most professional breeder that I have ever dealt with.

Last edited:
For those of you that had problems with the Bielefelder eggs I would recommend everyone of you to report it to Rare Breed auctions. I know they changed several rules to protect buyers. They actually suspended GFF this spring for a few days when they were working on some issues reported.

This is inaccurate. Greenfire Farms has never been suspended from Rare Breed Auctions. I would appreciate it if you would not spread this kind of misinformation. You are welcome to email RBA and confirm my statement.

Back
Top Bottom