A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
OmegaHillsFarm,

Nice chicks!! I wish my 7 were that small again. Right now they are going through their rapid growth stage. I swear they get an attitude if I don't fill their feeder fast enough.

This is inaccurate. Greenfire Farms has never been suspended from Rare Breed Auctions. I would appreciate it if you would not spread this kind of misinformation. You are welcome to email RBA and confirm my statement.

I can confirm this. GFF is and has always been in good standing at RBA. The vast majority of our members are, just like on BYC.

I cannot stress enough, PLEASE let us know if you have a poor dealing with a member our the site. It's the only mechanism we have for policing activities. Thanks.

I rarely post on BYC. I prefer to simply read the chicken chatter. However, I felt I needed to wade in on this one. Carry on!

My apology didn't mean to cause trouble was not pointing a finger at GFF we have spent lots of money with them and love doing business with them, my wife was stating something she was told to be fact when earlier in the year all of GFF auctions disappeared for a period of time. Never said GFF did anything wrong nor did we intend for it to be taken that way. GFF has always been great to deal with and I have defended their name on several occasions and also appreciate what they go for all of us chicken addicts.

This is good to speak of this, it doesn't hurt to ask about people if they know about those selling birds & eggs and such....We are dealing with life and there aren't guarantees but its the professionalism in the transaction that speaks volumes.
when i first bought eggs on ebay which i don't anymore, only from known breeders. i received one that had a whole assortment of colors but were supposed to be one breed....and yes they all looked different.....When i asked about it she said oh yes, i guess i forgot that i had this and that in the pen too......not what i had bid for......

eliz

I'm looking for a Bielefelder rooster, adult or older juvenile. Just lost mine & have 3 pullets near laying age. Thought I'd take a chance here & see if anyone has, or might know of a place I could find one?? Thanks a bunch!!

I have gotten eggs before from.people and then they say a couple of them may not be pure but u should be able to tell the difference. Really I can't take those chances with my stock.

I can see it now, someone selling Bielefelder-ish eggs out of the back of truck in a dark alley in NYC: "Psssst..over here, I got some real fine Bielefelder eggs. A special price just for you my friend..."

If anyone is worried about buying hatching eggs, purchase them from a trusted source like Omega Hills Farm (or any of the other people on BYC that posts actual photos of their chicks). Or do what I did for my first Bielefelders and purchase chicks directly from GFF.

Last edited:
Quick question, mine are from GFFs, is there some kind of standard for this guys.
I have two different batches and they all look similar but i have a girl whose legs are really yellow more than the rest of the bunch all have yellow legs but this girl's legs are really strong yellow.I will try to post a pic tomorrow but will be nice to see if some of you have the same thing with your birds.

Back
Top Bottom