A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
Ok I have read through several pages (not all of them so if this was covered and I missed it im sorry) but I have saw nothing on how they are for meat. Has anyone eat them or raised them for meat?
I think this is an interesting breed but my main concern is getting something that I can enjoy both as a beautiful bird and good family meal.
Thank you.

I got 13 eggs today in the mail
fl.gif
For a good hatch!

Ok I have read through several pages (not all of them so if this was covered and I missed it im sorry) but I have saw nothing on how they are for meat. Has anyone eat them or raised them for meat?
I think this is an interesting breed but my main concern is getting something that I can enjoy both as a beautiful bird and good family meal.
Thank you.
I will be processing some Bielefelder roo's soon, I will post up the results when I do.

Awesome I cant wait to find out :)
I am excited about raising my own chickens to eat and am trying to lean as much as possible as well as decide on a breed. I probably wont be getting them until next spring so I have plenty of time.
I love the look of this breed and the egg production looks like it would hold me so if the meat is as good as I hope it will be a hight contender for the position.

Back
Top Bottom