A Bielefelder Thread !

I would say if you can afford it go with GFF. I had some of the new line bielefelders and got some from another breeder that was the first line imported and there was a huge difference in egg size. The new line direct from GFF consistently laid 71g eggs while the old line I got from another breeder laid 57g average but up to 63g by one hen. If egg size is important to you make sure to try to find out the average size before purchase. I recently had to start over and went with GFF because I wanted jumbo sized eggs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will get the same results as before.

I would say if you can afford it go with GFF. I had some of the new line bielefelders and got some from another breeder that was the first line imported and there was a huge difference in egg size. The new line direct from GFF consistently laid 71g eggs while the old line I got from another breeder laid 57g average but up to 63g by one hen. If egg size is important to you make sure to try to find out the average size before purchase. I recently had to start over and went with GFF because I wanted jumbo sized eggs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will get the same results as before.

I spoke to greenfire this summer, they have combined their first and second imports into one pen so it is a genetic free for all now.

I just picked mine up from a breeder in roanoke also, and he has a top notch set up. All his birds are very healthy and are very well cared for. He is selling under chriss777 under rare breed auctions if you want some good birds. I can't wait till mine grow up, I love this breed.

Yup, that's the same breeder I got mine from! They arrived last Wednesday and he included three extra boys for warmth. I will most certainly be going back to Chris for some CL in the spring - he's a real find!!!!!

any breeders located in arkansas? What are some prices to expect to pay for the bielefelder chicks or eggs? any suggestions on using this breed for dual purpose while free ranging on farm

any breeders located in arkansas? What are some prices to expect to pay for the bielefelder chicks or eggs? any suggestions on using this breed for dual purpose while free ranging on farm
That is their forte! They are the Uber Chicken. I bought them in Florida from a breeder (Feels Right Farm). She was very reasonable. Greenfire Farms lines.

Back
Top Bottom