A Bielefelder Thread !

Ultimately aren't all Biels from GFF? No one else has legally imported them. Rarebreedauction.com has some nice birds.

The original latest imports are from GFF but private breeders have been experimenting with cross-breeding which is why I would prefer going to GFF directly or like Omega Hills that are breeding from GFF stock. It's the only reason I recommend them. I'm sure there are other breeders on this thread that are keeping their breeding stock un-mixed but I don't breed so can't say who has pure breeding stock.

The original latest imports are from GFF but private breeders have been experimenting with cross-breeding which is why I would prefer going to GFF directly or like Omega Hills that are breeding from GFF stock. It's the only reason I recommend them. I'm sure there are other breeders on this thread that are keeping their breeding stock un-mixed but I don't breed so can't say who has pure breeding stock.
Well if you are cross breeding you no longer have Bielefelders so how could you sell them as such. My birds come from a woman that bought her birds from GFF. There are many reputable people selling Biels from birds that are GFF stock. If someone is selling mixed birds as pure that is a whole other ball game.

buzzardairline.com
rarebreedauction.com
breeders in this thread

Don't get me wrong. I love GFF. I live 45 minutes away from Greenfire and buy their birds.

Wish I could find some local...I just cant pay those hatchery prices.

I ordered my chicks from a fellow in Roanoke, VA, who does ship. Granted, the time of year was terrible for shipping (and in all honesty, that was my decision, not his), so only three out of the 7 survived. He does stand behind his warrantee to replace for free any DOA chicks you ordered (not the extras shipped for warmth), he and I had something of a disagreement as to the shipping cost to replace a DOA hen.

Given that, I must say that the three Biels survivors are HUGE, BEAUTIFUL, FRIENDLY, and simply a joy. I could not ask for better quality at all.

Go to Craigslist Roanoke, VA, and type in Bielefelders. You will see his ad (his name is Chris and he's in Boons Mill, also keep an eye out on Rare Breed Auctions as he sells there as well). I should think that shipping at this time of the year will be much more successful. In short, do I recommend Chris? Yes, I do.

Dana

Any thoughts of what breeds made this rooster that was given to me? What kinda bird do i have!?!?

Back
Top Bottom